Multiple SD Cards

• Thread starter PaigyPoo
  • Start date
P

PaigyPoo

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I'm planning in doing download only games can I fill one SD card up then when I want take one pig and then put a new empty one in. And if I want to move one game between the two as I'm playing it can I do that or would I have to upgrade my SD card and transfer all my games to the new one

The Switch will restart if you take the Micro SD out while playing or even when it's just on and 3DS it's recommended you turn off the system before taking the SD card out.

I'd imagine you could, since Nintendo allows us to pass our account data from one console to the next. I am assuming that need to make sure for both cards that all the main folders for the system are in both. You'd probably have to be very careful of where each thing is saved. To be honest, I am not sure if the console would attempt to redownload whatever it detects you are missing.

I guess you could try first back up all the data in your computer, then getting the SD in the console and experimenting how it reacts to changes to save data, probably deleting data from the console rather than in the computer (after you make sure you got a working backup) might be a good idea.

Reactions: Mikaya
I hope to get a Terabyte of storage, because SanDisk is getting a 1 TB Micro SD soon! That is going to be awesome for Switch, but I am doing it for my phone

I hope to get a Terabyte of storage, because SanDisk is getting a 1 TB Micro SD soon! That is going to be awesome for Switch, but I am doing it for my phone

Be careful on that, your phone might not be able to take 1TB SD cards. Infact, unless it's a phone that's only literally just came out, I doubt it will be able to. The switch however can handle up to 2TB SD cards which don't even exist (yet).

For the original question though, having multiple SD cards would be 0 issue. Just make sure you remember what games, updates and saves are on which cards and don't take the SD card out while the power is on.

Reactions: Jisenku and Kaynil
Be careful on that, your phone might not be able to take 1TB SD cards. Infact, unless it's a phone that's only literally just came out, I doubt it will be able to. The switch however can handle up to 2TB SD cards which don't even exist (yet).

For the original question though, having multiple SD cards would be 0 issue. Just make sure you remember what games, updates and saves are on which cards and don't take the SD card out while the power is on.

I plan to upgrade to the S10+

I plan to upgrade to the S10+

MsJcBIJ.png
Still doesn't support a 1TB card

:mad:

At least it has 1 TB built in

Back