Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Answer the call of Muramasa, the demon blade which drinks the blood of its victims to make itself sharper. And the wrath of the souls kindles the fire used to make more, by the blacksmith: Senji Muramasa...

Hello again. P2.0 here, introducing another game I've played in the past, and actually, right now. The game is called Muramasa: The Demon Blade. :eek:. Now this game is on the Wii, but I think its on PlayStation and Xbox as well, may have to look into that. Anyway, this game, I have to say is very beautiful (To me, anyway). The art chosen for this was completely unexpected from what I was hoping for. Everything looks like ancient Japanese drawings that tell stories of ancient times. From the people, to the monsters! The game has three modes (Which I would list in its Japanese names if I could remember.. ;-; ): Easy, normal, and Hard. And I do mean Hard. I'm talking one hit, and you're finished. There's also two story lines you can play: Pandemonium of the Demon Blade, and Ninja Scroll of the Demon Blade.

There are two characters you can use: Momohime, and Kisuke. One girl, one boy. I don't want to spoil too much of it, but I'll try to answer any questions you may have if it sparks interest. Anyhoo, these characters have both had something horrible happen to them, and are drawn to the Muramasa. Accompanied by a Kitsune, they embark on a journey across Japan, and even travel to Hell itself! :eek:. (Scary, right? )

The gameplay is pretty simple, and easy to grasp. There are two types of Muramasa you use: Blade, and Long Blade. Blades are small and lets you attack pretty quickly. Long Blades have slower strikes, but their reach allows more hits in one swing, see? And every blade has a signature move which uses soul. If your soul gauge gets too low, you can't use it, and one good hit from an enemy will cause your sword to snap. You then have to switch to a new one. (Note that you can only carry 3 Muramasa to switch from at a time, so choose your three wisely).

Another thing about this game is that you can make more Muramasa! You need spirit, which you can get by eating, and souls, which you get while traveling, or fighting enemies. You need a certain amount of Strength and Vitality to use stronger Muramasa as you forge, so level up to increase this. And there are equipable items you can use that'll have status effects, so make sure you buy them when you can. If your health drops too low, you can visit the hot springs, or cook a meal to restore it.

I think I've said enough about it. But if anything interests you and you wanna know more, I'll do my best to explain. :) Also, I highly recommend that you get it, if you like come Japanese culture. Many of the monsters and beings here have an interesting story behind them if you look it up! :D

I have this game and I love it (mostly because it's in Japanese). I think the animation is beautiful along with the colors. The game play confused me at first but I got the hang of it.:D

Reactions: P2.0
@Jeff The Killer :Ikr? Most people don't like the artstyke, but I found it really beautiful. And most of the monsters and bosses were so like what you would see from old Japanese tales come to life! :3 I only wish they made a sequel, because of all those cliffhangers! D: Not fair, lol.

I know right!? I would love a sequel to the game, and that's the one thing I loved about the series. The folklore bosses and characters. But how can people not like the art style? It's amazing!

I remember playing this. I really liked the side-scrolling gameplay, along with the battling combos and abilities when using different blades. It kinda was annoying when the swords broke, if you happened to overuse them. The graphics were decent and the storyline was engaging. It's pretty cool that you got to be either be a girl or boy, each with their unique powers and seperate plots.

Reactions: P2.0
I remember playing this. I really liked the side-scrolling gameplay, along with the battling combos and abilities when using different blades. It kinda was annoying when the swords broke, if you happened to overuse them. The graphics were decent and the storyline was engaging. It's pretty cool that you got to be either be a girl or boy, each with their unique powers and seperate plots.
:eek: I didn't you know you played it! :D And yeah, how each blade worked was a plus for me, lol. I liked how there were many of them to make and choose from, and that you could even use the other protagonist's swords when both sides were done! ^-^ But yeah, when it was time for a boss fight, and your sword broke in mid-fight? >.< That always sent a shiver up my spine when that happened, lol. Cuz you had to quickly switch, and be extra careful to dodge more efficiently. :p

Reactions: Mikaya
Back