Music,a cure for hard levels?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date

Does different music help you breeze through tough challenges?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Over the years,I've played games that were pretty tough,and as a kid,made me quit for a period of time.Some games to this day still make me wanna do so,lol.But you know what I find that helps? Music. ;) Something other than the kind they play on certain levels on my games helps a lot.It's pretty fun fighting to them,or just exploring.Usually what happens(Being totally honest),when I make it to a puzzle,or a fight,7/10 I get sleepy and/or fustrated,because the music has that sort of effect on me. D: But! When I put on some Nightcore,or one of the songs I listen to when drawing (Another hobby,lol),everything's different,and somewhat easier! :eek: Now someone told me that some music is specifically designed to mess with you in certain parts of the game.What do you guys think?

Reactions: 18 and SaToRi
Wow, someone else that like Nightcore lolol. I used to listen to nightcore all the time while playing games, but Touhou music, and Vocaloid took over my life.

I can agree that some music makes harder stages/games = funner/easier. Just look at touhou..those games are hard, but the game is known for it's epic music. Sure the game won't be easy if you're new to it, but the music is so epic, you can fantasize about a great adventure, and make the game fun.

Now someone told me that some music is specifically designed to mess with you in certain parts of the game.What do you guys think?

Yes yes..the music makes me get up and dance. That really messes me up in some parts of the game!

Reactions: P2.0
@SaToRi :Lol,I didn't know about Nightcore till about a year and a half ago to be honest,lol. ^^" Now it's a common thing for me. :p And yup,t'is true! :D Music changes gameplay more than we think! Hum,I've never seen Touhou before,but I'll definitely watch it on Youtube later on today. ^^

If you do watch it Watch the extra stages. Has some of the best music and hardest levels.

Not in most cases. I listen to music when doing low-intensity tasks that don't require a lot of concentration, because most of my attention is diverted to *forgets what he was going to write and starts singing* AND I'M GOING DOWN... ALLLLLLL THE WAY - ON THE HIGHWAY - ahem. :p

So I don't listen to music (except the BGM, of course) while playing most games like RPGs, platformers and action games even. The only exception is racing and skating games like Need For Speed and the Tony Hawk's series, where I select the rock songs on the soundtrack and play harder that way because of the adrenaline rush they give me :giggle:

Reactions: PersonSP and P2.0
I usually listen to games own music (Some Kid Icarus themes are great when doing homework) but when a level gets rough more powerful music can be a big help. In such cases I mostly listen to Touhou metal, Three days grace and some songs of Imagine dragons/Nine Inch Nails work fine too. In general a song with a strong bassline is a must. The song shouldn't be to slow either or you might get distracted. The song should be catchy so it does influence you but should it be too catchy you get distracted as well. (No more Red Hot Chili Peppers while playing Fire Emblem I died a hundred times before I realised that... :p)

Note: I have quite a broad music taste. While it's mostly orientated towards rock and metal, I can also greatly enjoy acoustic pop, a few R&B songs (but only very few) and even some indie. The only thing I really hate in music is when it is edited beyond recognision or if there are no real instrument to be heard. (Looking at you, Nightcore and dubstep...)

Music can help you get through anything with just the right tone and the right speed with what you are doing,you can achieve anything.Music also helps you feel a little sad and happy with the type of music that you are playing.

Reactions: Mikaya and P2.0
@SaToRi :Morning! Extra stages,huh? I look it up after this! :p @Spinnerweb :Lol,that comment! XD So besides those two,BGM is the music that you're cool with in tight spots? Some of it is pretty dang epic,isn't it? And then there's the kind that makes me like,super drowsey,especially when I'm doing a puzzle. :p That's why I switch it off to something more Dragonforce,or Nightcore,or Caramelldansen(Yes,I said.And yes,it sucked me in too. XD ) @PersonSP :You know exactly how that works,don't you? XD I hate to admit it,but sometimes when fighting through level,if the music I've chosen is TOO awesome,I let cloud my judgements and I do worse,no joke! :eek: I agree with you,you have to find the type that fits the situation you're in.I just wish I could download songs on my SD card in my 3DS.That'd make it easier than my tablet,which is as SLOW AS MOLASSES.... -.- And while I do think some remixes in Nightcore they tried way too hard to do,I like most of em',especially the ones song in japanese,or themes from anime. :D @DarkLord :Ikr? One time I chose a song from Disturbed playing Samurai Warriors 3,and I started to feel more....violent. .-. I was breezing through,practically sweeping through challenges like it was nothing.And even though I won,I still felt like I wanted slay something else. :eek: I think that made it work too much...

Reactions: PersonSP
I suppose nightcore anime themes are okay but I heard a popsong (I think it was Pinks So what) completely chipmunked and it was so awful...But maybe if you pick a song that suits higher and faster more it'll turn out nice if you nightcore it.

@PersonSP :Ugh,I heard one of those songs before,and I felt like banging my head against a brick wall.. X( Some of them don't need to be messed with because they're fine as is.But yeah,I really like hearing some of the anime themes nightcored,it adds a bit more bounce in it,IMO. :)

Reactions: PersonSP
Most of the music I listen to are Nightcore (Killer, Angel with a Shotgun, and Dollhouse are my favorites), Drumstep (Dreams and Pressure Cooker). If you look at my playlist, it's a lot of dubstep and nightcore :)

Music helped me pass a bunch of levels in arcade games and mostly just app games. When I used to play geometry dash the music helped me a lot because I could tell where all the obstacles were because of it. Music also helps me when I am doing homework or practicing sports because it really gets me motivated even w hen the level or activity I am doing is hard :D

@Scyence :Night core! I love listening to that while playing my 3ds! It also has come in handy when playing on the home console as well! :D @Nightsrain622 :See there? That's why I love listening while playing,or even doing studies.It's great as a motivator,and plus,you can find a pattern/groove to fight your opponents to! :)

Reactions: Knight Rain
One of my proudest game achievements was beating the final boss of Kirby Super Star Ultra in what felt like seconds. The music for the fight is now one of my favourite videogame themes. Considering how swiftly I seemed to have defeated the boss, I'd say the music definitely helped.

Apparently, the boss was supposed to be incredibly difficult, didn't really notice. Was too busy focusing on how good the music was, probably.

Back