Support Needed My down stick on my D-Pad won't work, please help

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
So I have problems with my D-Pad. Specifically, the down part. The other parts of my D-Pad works fine. It's just the down direction that won't work. Is there a way I can fix it without sending it to a mechanic? If so, please tell me in the comments. I would love the help.

Strange there's nothing about it on the web >.<

How old is your 3ds/Xl? :oldman:
If the warranty is there, its probably a good time :panda: . Though I would recommend waiting for responses from other members..

Well some people say you should try to clean it from the sides and the top so try to use a soft tissue maybe hope it helps you

Actually my B button only works when pressed hard. Searched about it, it seems that the rubber beneath it has worn out. Works though. Clean it a bit from outside and see if it has the warranty left.

Well some people say you should try to clean it from the sides and the top so try to use a soft tissue maybe hope it helps you
How should I clean it?

Well use a soft tissue and try to do a soft round cleaning on the top and same thing from the sides but dont be too harsh on it

On the surface or take apart the 3DS?

On the surface

@Mega Tardigrade 853 if you still need some tips on this I suggest using a dampened toothbrush and lightly and slowly move it around in the hole where the D-Pad isn't working. Because it's most likely the parts inside are stuck so this should loosen it up most likely enough to get it working again.

Back