My Eshop Picks

• Thread starter TribstyAnn
  • Start date
TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn

Me.
Towns Folk
I've noticed a lot of people having trouble finding anything good on the eshop, or complaining that there is nothing good. In my experience, though, I've found quite a few good games on the eshop. Here is my list of some of my favorites. If I leave one of your favorites out, it doesn't meant I don't like it. It might just mean I haven't played it. I don't have money to buy every eshop games. This list isn't in any particular order.

Dillon's Rolling Western
I really enjoyed this game. I got it as a reward from Club Nintendo. It's an interesting mix between tower defense and action type gameplay. You take control of Dillon, an armadillo that rolls around at the speed of sound. You roll around, set up defenses, collect different items, and explore the map. Then the grocks come. Your tower do some of the work but you have to attack some of the grocks directly, cuz your towers can't do all the work. I though this game had good 3d models, graphics, sounds. The story is not anything special, but the gameplay is really fun, and can be quite hard sometimes.

Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
This game doesn't do a whole lot different from the first game, they just add little things here and there, mostly. A lot of people didn't like it because it was too similar to the first game, but I think the changes they made were great. They didn't change what made the first one good, they improved it and added more of it. There are more stages, enemies (which are really cool), items, and they even added mini stages to get cash. The story also is more interesting that the first. The biggest addition, was the creation of the train, you have to protect as it goes from town to town. Now intead of just protecting the village, you have to protect it and a train, which increases the difficulty, making it more interesting and fun.

HarmoKnight
HarmoKnigh, is a solid rhythm game. Its fairly short, and not to hard to beat, but on fast mode it can be extremely hard. The story isn't super great or interesting. Its pretty much another stop the bad guys, and save the princess. The gameplay is also very simple. The simplicity doesn't make it bad though. There are only two buttons you use most of the time, attack and jump, but I think it really works well. If you like cute music games, you'll like this one.

Steam World Dig
The title pretty much says it all. You run on steam (you're a robot), and you dig through the world. It seems pretty simple, but its very fun and interesting. The story is good, and the gameplay is fun. You explore caves, mines, and a robotic underground world. It doesn't look like much on the surface, but when I got into it I really loved it. You mine, and collect ore, and glowy light blob things, to upgrade your tools and items. Throughout the entire game you're getting new tools and skills to use, which makes for cool new ways to explore the cave. The character and enemy design is very cool, and the final boss is actually an interesting fight.

Picross e
I have only played one game in the series, but they are all pretty much the same. If you've played piross before you know what they're like. You basically fill in little tiles, to make a picture, aided by clue numbers, on the top and left sides of the grid. Its a neat little puzzle game, that gets fairly challenging, but you can have hints if you choose. Mega Picross and Micross modes are also very fun and challenging. If you want a game to play for a few minutes at a time to challenge your brain, this is it.

Kirby Fighters Deluxe
This a fun little fighting game, with a bunch of different Kirby copy abilities. Its doesn't have a lot of content, and the main game, is just a few levels that are the same for whatever ability you choose, but you can create custom matchups however you want in the training mode. It has local multiplayer, and I had fun playing it with my friends a few times. Its not very big, but is a great little game if you end up having some leftover money on your eshop balance. As I understand it, it is a bigger version of a mode in Kirby Triple Deluxe, so I don't think it'd be worth it if you already own that, but you do unlock extra stuff if you have Triple Deluxe save data on your 3ds.

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
This one is kinda interesting. Its a platformer music game. You bounce along on drums, avoiding enemies, collecting coins, and using the drums to bounce higher or lower. Its fairly simple, but they throw in lots of different obstacles to change it up quite a bit. The music good. Its all from other Kirby games. Like Kirby Fighters, its an expanded version of a mini game in Triple Deluxe, so I don't recommend it if you already own that, but you do unlock extra doodads if you own Triple Deluxe.

AiRace Xeno
In this game you race science fictioney jets it weird future place areas. All the different level are cool, unique, and fun to play through, even though I have no idea what they are supposed to be. You can fly super fast, and crash into stuff and splode. It's lots of fun to splode. You don't race other jets, you race the clock, and when you crash you get time added to your total. There are also a few bonus levels where you fly through a big course instead of a race. The music is also really awesome and adrenaline pumping. It can be kinda hard sometimes (at least for me, though I might just e bad at the game) but I really enjoyed it.

There are many other games, I've found on the eshop that I enjoyed, but I'm tired of typing. I may write more of these list later. I hope you will enjoy these games, as much as I did, or that I at least gave you some ideas of games you might want to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and 18
I have played Steam world dig and I actually loved it. It was really worth the money. Unfortunately I don´t have much time to play in deep the other titles you suggest but I did try out harmoknight and to me it is really interesting! Besides the music is excellent tooo!!

Thanks for sharing your list. I've heard a lot of good things about Steam World Dig.

This is by no means a complete list either. I kinda, just got tired of typing. I'll probably make a part 2 later.

i also played steam world dig. it is a great game. we get our moneys worth. other eshop picks are
Mario kart 7
mario and sonic olympics 2016
luigis mansion
the legend of zelda (all of them are great)
resident evil revelations
mario party island tour
aiRace Xeno as mentioned above is a great game.
wwe all stars
cut the rope
xeno blade
i like all of them
ive seen the reviews and were great.
looking forward to buy them

my recomendations:
- steamwolf heist: strategy shooter game like valkiria cronicles and codename steam, but in 2d
-crimsom shroud: i like it, its remind a table roleplaying game
-the legend of the dark witch 1 y 2: if you like megaman, you will like these two
conception II is also very cheap in the eshop until 8 of september, so you can try the demo and see if you like it to buy it
(in europe its eshop exclusive so i put it here)
extra:
shin megami tensei devil summoner soul hackers and etrian oddisey untold 1: well, they arent eshop exclusive, but since these now are cheap in the eshop, its worth
i also played steam world dig. it is a great game. we get our moneys worth. other eshop picks are
Mario kart 7
luigis mansion
mario party island tour
wwe all stars
cut the rope
xeno blade
i like all of them
well, most of them arent eshop exclusive, for no sayin all of them

Mario kart 7
luigis mansion
mario party island tour
wwe all stars
cut the rope
xeno blade
i like all of them

Most of these aren't eshop games though. You can get them all on cartridges too.

Most of these aren't eshop games though. You can get them all on cartridges too.

Is 'wwe all stars' even on eShop? I think that one is physical only.

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure and 3D Classics: Kid Icarus are pretty good, too, especially if you like retraux games

I'm sure they are. I've enjoyed other 3d classics too. I just don't own those or they probably would've been on the list.

Only game I've played off of that list is Steam World Dig, and I loved it. The rest of those games I have heard of, and I'd say they're great as well. A few of my pics would be Gunman Clive (AKA wild western megaman) and Box Boy (puzzle platformer). They're both pretty cheap and are worth the money, too. :jimlad:

Back