SwSh My favorite battle tower team in pokemon sword (updated)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so theres probably a lot of decent ways to tackle the battle tower but i updated my previous team to try out some more powerful and a specific setup ive always loved using in this game from the past. i kept dracovish up front as before but i revised my other two mons. note this is singles im doing, theres probably a stupid OP thing in doubles with no guard+ fissure, sheer cold, etc... but that doesnt really work in singles and its kinda silly tbh for doubles but hey, a win is a win right? haha...

Blissey evasion troll: so most people might know about this one now but this is probably (imo) one of the worst things trying to beat. i transferred a chansey with seismic toss and toxic from my copy of lets go eevee (she was shiny too which was a fun bonus), then spammed attack ev reducing berries to cap her friendship and used one rare candy, boom she evolved lol. after that i taught her softboiled and minimize and used a few pp max and some pp up since shes set up to poison death stall. give her leftovers and use minimize 3 times, she beats many things easily in the game's battle tower. dont worry too much if the AI trainer throws in a steel or poison type, just stick to seismic toss and softboiled as needed and youre almost always fine =) this is by far one of my old favorites and im really happy that the new update added her data so i can enjoy doing this again with her. this is an excellent way to make up for any possible disadvantages in terms of type that your other two mons might have against a bad CPU pokemon roll. most of them arent terrible but ive run into some pretty mean stuff with that being said (very annoying volt switch+ nuzzle troll and focus sash reversal which is just downright cruel when you have no ghost pokemon. these seem very rare but if you run into it good luck...)

White Kyurem dynamax and OP: this one is very straightforward, pretty much all about aiming for the one shot kills. i have her with ice burn, fusion flare, dragon pulse and then ice beam. what i usually do with her is dynamax and start with a max hailstorm to get hail boosts going, then i just use ice moves as much as possible before the weather effects expire and its usually very good especially because of her very high special attack. max wyrmwind or max flare while dynamaxed if ice wont do enough damage (if needed) but it should almost always be hitting plenty hard after the first max hailstorm. the only way most of the opposing pokemon seem to have any chance of survival here is if they either use protect or they barely survive with any health (red hp). even if your dynamax wears off you still have the hail boost for another good 2 turns or so which should be plenty adequate for her overall power. most of the time though, especially after the enemy first faint, you will probably finish their last pokemon still dynamaxed. even the bulkier ones have trouble survivng this as she does too much damage. held item used for me was a life orb which seems great but an ice rock (or the name of the item that extends hail, i forgot the name) is also great when youre planning to use weather effects to your advantage. it gives you plenty of turns to spam an ice beam (or blizzard if you prefer, this might be better but id have to test) so you dont have to hurry up as much. dragon pulse and fusion flare are also plenty strong anytime ice moves wont hurt your opponent enough

so thats what ivw started doing for battle tower farming and its fun. another thijg i like about white kyurem over zacian is that she has much better defense and still hits hard enough. zacian is good for people with no poke bank but he seemed to faint in less hits more easily for me even without a life orb (not good to change his item or hes probably not strong enough). and some ghost pokemon were also annoying as well where white kyurem felt much more flexible for me and more durable too which is important. i do have both versions of fused necrozma but i havent tried them out here yet. if you do bring them though it might be good to have iron defense as one move, im unsure about whats best for the others besides prisma laser and photon geyser but his ability prisma armor is pretty helpful when your opponent has nasty supereffectives since it makes it near impossible for them to get a one shot.

You can use legends in Battle Tower now? If I were you I'd try to make a hyper-offensive team just to get the battles over with/get BP faster and have a better chance at getting those rare berry rewards if they still have them. Chansey can be just as bulky with Eviolite but Blissey gets any item so really it's up to preference. Watch out for Poison Heal mons (if applicable) and Steel or Poison types. Back in the day Battle Tower was pretty hard but in XY they were noticeably easier imo.

Reactions: Kadaj
You can use legends in Battle Tower now? If I were you I'd try to make a hyper-offensive team just to get the battles over with/get BP faster and have a better chance at getting those rare berry rewards if they still have them. Chansey can be just as bulky with Eviolite but Blissey gets any item so really it's up to preference. Watch out for Poison Heal mons (if applicable) and Steel or Poison types. Back in the day Battle Tower was pretty hard but in XY they were noticeably easier imo.
yeah, we can now yes. i could swap out dracovish with either one of my fused necrozmas but im not sure what the best hold item here would be, my lunala necrozma has moonlight as a backup move in case things start to look ugly and prisma armor would improve safety tactics (less supereffective damage taken, stab may be survival with suprreffective here especially with moonlight on her). but yeah, glad we can use legends now since i found that annoying in previous games, this is a very nice bonus this time around. and being able to dynamax these as well is also pretty op even in max raid battles. i will keep my team the same for now though...

Back