My Gamecube controller’s R trigger is slightly unresponsive

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
I asked GameFAQ’s also ( I know, I know, it’s toxic) but I want to see if anyone here can help me.

I have a Smash Bros. 4 GCN controller that I owned for 2 Years that I got new at the time but now I'm encountering an issue with it. My R trigger is slightly unresponsive. Sometimes, it registers but when I press R with another button (Like trying to wave dash in Melee) the R button doesn't come out. The R trigger feels fine and normal and my L trigger works fine. I used my GCN controller on my Switch as well and went to Settings, controllers and sensors, then test input devices to see if the digital for R was even sent. It did work but when I held or pressed another button along with R, the R sometimes didn't pop up. I was considering getting a Y prong Screwdriver to open it up and see the issue but I don't know if I should or rather buy a new controller. I would prefer fixing this controller so please don't spam "Buy a new controller" unless there really is nothing I can do.

I'd rather try to open the controller, because such things are usually fixable if the controller isn't damaged beyond repair.
I've found a video which might help you:

I'd rather try to open the controller, because such things are usually fixable if the controller isn't damaged beyond repair.
I've found a video which might help you:
I did say the trigger feels fine. It is interesting but I’d doesnt solve my issue of the console not registering the R button all the time.

Back