My hopes for another monster hunter game on the switch...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so im probably gonna have to save money for a PS4 to play monster hunter world and iceborne (looking forward to this) but im still hoping the switch gets another game in the series as well. monster hunter generations ultimate is really awesome and its a very fun game but theres something i feel it needs that it most likely doesnt have... quest scaling for solo play. there are so many endgame monsters that are near impossible alone (especially deviants and elder dragons, hypers can also be too hard as well). i did manage to solo a raging brachydios several times in MHGU and it wasnt the most difficult in the world for me, but when you look at something like Alatreon on G rank it really demands a co op or worse any fatalis is also likely impossible alone... especially the event versions of these as ive noticed one shots are inevitable here and they have a major health increase as well. while i generally dont mind doing co ops in this game it can be really tedious wasting half an hour waiting for either nothing or a group of rage quitters who dont make an honest effort (quitting on the first cart of the first game.... yes apparently that is a thing by the time you can try fatalis.. wish i could tell you why, idk what they were expecting). i can deal with spongy monsters but when almost every attack is instant death or you barely have health left after the first hit you take it pretty much ruins any possible solo. im not against co op support trust me, but itd be nice to solo these things and still have a chance at winning without worrying about wait times that are just too long, boring and that arent always as rewarding as youd like them to be. this is something i want to see in the future so i can have more enjoyable solo play if another monster hunter comes to the switch, i love these games (or the ones ive played anyway) and to have monster health and some damage scale down exclsuively for solo play on hub quests would be a very exciting thing for me if the waiting just gets too tiring. im not someonr to br impatient but everyone gets burnt out here sometimes.

the second thing i want in a possible next monster hunter on the switch is this: a new series of deviants! this was probably my favorite thing about MHGU. i really liked the deviants and they gave some pretty awesome stuff if you were persistent enough and got a decent team of randoms. some of these might have gone a little overboard though... boltreaver astalos for one had notoriously massive hitzones and it seems like it really forces players to use ranged weapons or lob boomerangs if they are prowler mains. well at any rate, i dont regret doing him. they certainly made his armor worth the trouble at least haha...

the next things i want to be in another switch monster hunter are transmogs and prowler mode. while i dont play prowler very often this time around i still respect the perks they have. pretty much endless heals and they get more lives which helps if something is just too hard for you when you want to try your best anyway. i had to use prowler on a couple ex deviants i did because they were simply too strong and hitzones were very nasty (note that i have not completed many of these, they are no joke and it seems like theres a lot of one hit KOs). transmogs? ok we dont actually need these but it was a pretty fun bonus to give your best or favorite armors a more satisfactory look which seems surprisingly pleasant and popular among the late game players, so while this isnt an in game necessity its something i still like quite a bit.

another reason i think prowler mode should return is for gathering quests. it was nice to endlessly mine for charms and not worry about axes breaking or running out for longer rounds. and since they cant use items you can freely empty the bag here and take pretty much everything you pick up! it might sound trivial but i think its actually very useful tbh. what are your hopes for the next monster hunter on switch? These are all of mine =)

Back