My nintendo app???

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
Just recently, there was a my nintendo app released by nintendo in japan. For now its only in japan but it's most likely gonna release in north america and europe (and the other countries) soon. It's a really handy app that lets you do things like view the latest nintendo news, watch recent nintendo directs and shop games through your phone. this app is useful for 3ds, wii u as well as switch owners. It's basically things you could do already but they're all in one app. There's more feature like wishlists and keeping track of them and playtime. the playtime feature lets you see how long you played a game and when you played it. its basically the activity tracker on the 3ds but on your phone! You can also use a qr code scanner within the app to "sign in" at live events and stores. this app wasn't necessary but it's LARGELY helpful.

Reactions: SmugWolff
So I can finally turn off parental controls on my switch and still see play time? I'll check this app out later, this sounds really helpful!

Reactions: Deepak
I installed it and looked around, I like it!
The way it lists play times is much better than the way parental controls does it (no monthly summary or other accs on the same console sadly...), the news sections are mostly Nintendo game, which is to be expected, and there is really easy access to the old directs and mini directs.
Everything is here!
I havn't tried to buy anything yet on it because I don't feel like spending 60$ rn on a VN that caught my interest, but the mobile UI is much better than the eshop. I'll probably be using this much more.
My Nintendo is a strange name for it since I didn't see the My Nintendo Rewards thing anywhere in it.

Ofcourse since this is meant for japan only currently its region locked and will not let you use an account from any region besides japan, but I really like the app!

Edit: heres what the app looks like
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Deepak
I don't really see my Nintendo needing to be an app if it can be open in a mobile webpage just fine. But it's interesting that japan only has this app and America and Europe doesn't.

Reactions: Jisenku
I don’t see why they can’t have this app in regions outside of Japan. It would be very useful to use, even if just for the ability to track the amount of hours you play games for. Right now I’m using the parental controls app, which is a silly thing to have to use just to track my playtime.

I’d also like to be able to see directs and the other things you listed. Japan’s My Nintendo service still offers physical rewards too, something that they stopped offering in the US years back. I wish they would expand that out again.

Just wanted to say the app is still not outside of the US, here is the official page for the app

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/mynintendo/app/index.html
(If you are using Chrome, right-click and press Translate to English, its not exact but it's good enough)

I believe that this app is actually supposed to be a central hub for Nintendo, not just as a way to get My Nintendo rewards, but to also see news, buy games, and other stuff too.

Last edited:
Back