Splatoon 2 My salmon run experience in a nutshell

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so the reason i play salmon run is for the more efficient grinding people say its supposed to end up being (more food/ drink tickets and money in less time, generally all in game necessities)... now i dont hate this mode but there are so many games where one of a few things end up happening: the area gets too crowded/ flooded with enemies and everyone dies, or my partners are mostly incompetents or kids who dont know how to play. now i know better than to expect anyone to be flawless especially since im not an expert myself but at the same time im going to be honest here... this happens... a lot... im not at pro rank yet and given how much this seems to happen i very well might never rank that high at all. another issue is when theres a flood of enemies and i randomly am stuck with a weapon type i suck with (chargers, especially scoped ones, or anything that is simply too slow to fight with other than splatlings. i feel pretty confident with splatlings though and sloshers as well. blasters are also ok so far) and then this sometimes has me screwed as the last one alive and then we fail out (especially when teammates are too far away which also has happened a lot...).

i dont know, maybe i just need more practice? or are the randoms at the lower ranks mostly composed of incompetents? anyone who is pro rank does this still happen to you particularly often?

I'm not a pro-rank, but tbh I really hate it when the area gets too crowded, esp. with the long metal one (forgot the name) curling around in the short space when you're on last round. Most of the players I've been with, they're pretty good but we usually have separate people killing a boss on their own and then spamming "Over here!" for the salmon eggs. I think you definitely need to do more practice, esp. with the weapons you don't feel confident using, just incase you get stuck with them.

Reactions: Kadaj
I'm not a pro-rank, but tbh I really hate it when the area gets too crowded, esp. with the long metal one (forgot the name) curling around in the short space when you're on last round. Most of the players I've been with, they're pretty good but we usually have separate people killing a boss on their own and then spamming "Over here!" for the salmon eggs. I think you definitely need to do more practice, esp. with the weapons you don't feel confident using, just incase you get stuck with them.
exactly! thats happened to me... so... many... times ... its almost impossible for me and everyone else to do anything and im no a pro at this game who plays well with every weapon class (especially that dinosaur speed roller, forgot the name but i couldnt even help teammates on time with it at moderate distance). i dont expect everyone to be good but especially not being an expert at the game myself but the hording carnage on wave 3 is a little exhausting sometimes and almost everyone gets overwhelmed by it

i also dont do well with chargers in this mode, especially the scoped ones since it feels impossible when theres that kind of mess or something gets too close to me =(

so the reason i play salmon run is for the more efficient grinding people say its supposed to end up being (more food/ drink tickets and money in less time, generally all in game necessities)... now i dont hate this mode but there are so many games where one of a few things end up happening: the area gets too crowded/ flooded with enemies and everyone dies, or my partners are mostly incompetents or kids who dont know how to play. now i know better than to expect anyone to be flawless especially since im not an expert myself but at the same time im going to be honest here... this happens... a lot... im not at pro rank yet and given how much this seems to happen i very well might never rank that high at all. another issue is when theres a flood of enemies and i randomly am stuck with a weapon type i suck with (chargers, especially scoped ones, or anything that is simply too slow to fight with other than splatlings. i feel pretty confident with splatlings though and sloshers as well. blasters are also ok so far) and then this sometimes has me screwed as the last one alive and then we fail out (especially when teammates are too far away which also has happened a lot...).

i dont know, maybe i just need more practice? or are the randoms at the lower ranks mostly composed of incompetents? anyone who is pro rank does this still happen to you particularly often?
Getting to pro rank doesn't always give you better teammates. Some people are just trolls and they just die on purpose. While others are barely any help and can get 1 or 2 eggs in the basket per wave. But you DO get amazing teams every now and then where everyone is cooperative and it's almost as if you're using an external form of communication. I can get anywhere from 80 to 100 eggs during these.

The area gets too crowded when your teammates arent using their weapons like they're supposed too. Some salmon run rotations can have some bad weapons but every time, you fall in one of the "roles". These roles include the boss killer, who should just aim for the bosses and nothing else (Usually a charger, blaster or splatling). The turf inker/smallfry destroyer, who creates a clear path to the egg basket while also getting rid of the pesky smallfrys (Usually slosher or roller).The egg collector, who just goes around collecting eggs (usually done by the person with the worst weapon) And the other users are just for overall helping around. If at least 2 people on your team tries to vaguely follow this at least, you'll have a better chance at surviving.

And also one thing I always forget to do is to use my special. Always use your special in wave 3. It doesn't matter if you don't need to use it or not. It'll be of some help at least. And if you're about to die, always toss a bomb. That bomb could revive the person and give you that last second of survival for the win.

But in the end, you don't get to choose your teammates if you do freelance, so just try your best and try to get to wave 3 somehow so you don't lose your rank.

Back