My suggestions for a new 3DS!

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
So here's an idea for a new 3DS handheld, what if Nintendo made both screens 3D? even the lower touchscreen? better than a 4DS, that's for sure. They could ditch the hidges, and perhaps it could have a slide-open system to reveal the buttons and control stick/pad (much like the PSP go). The screens could be slighty larger too (resulting in a bigger handheld). What are your thoughts? good idea or no? :p

Reactions: atomic_ian and 2071
I like the sound of the idea, but the way you described it, I think that it'll look too big and weird-looking :p If both screens were 3D, then wouldn't looking at both screens be kinda bad as the 3D would turn out as double-image or other things. What if the touch screen gets scratched up? It might be even more delicate and it slightly doesn't make sense because you can't be using the touch screen and seeing the 3D image at the same time.

Lastly would be price and battery consumption. Imagine playing in full brightness and full 3D on both screens. It would pretty much die quickly, unless they put a larger/better battery, which might result in a very thick console :p And all that is very expensive :3

Reactions: Mikaya
So here's an idea for a new 3DS handheld, what if Nintendo made both screens 3D? even the lower touchscreen? better than a 4DS, that's for sure. They could ditch the hidges, and perhaps it could have a slide-open system to reveal the buttons and control stick/pad (much like the PSP go). The screens could be slighty larger too (resulting in a bigger handheld). What are your thoughts? good idea or no? :p
I'm kind of iffy with the bigger screens. I don't like the 3ds XL as it is but even bigger screens. I dunno... and let's be honest, if they were to make both screens 2D, wouldn't it be awkward having the bottom screen coming out while the top screen isn't

Reactions: Mikaya
I like the N3ds as it is now (regular size). The only thing they could change is the C-stick. I noticed it's very responsive when moving up and to the sides, but when I need to move down, it isn't so much. Maybe they could change the handheld to be a slightly bigger with bigger screens and the C-stick could be like a circle pad which would actually result in a slightly bigger handheld (that's why I said it could be slightly bigger). Also, another thing I would change is when I open the N3ds, there's a little bit space between each of the positions for the top screen and so when I play in my bus, and the bus shakes, the top screen also shakes, and since I'm a little bit paranoid, I'm kinda scared it might break or something (I know, I'm paranoid, don't judge me ;-; ) :p

If nintendo does make another device, which I doubt they will considering that the new 3ds/new 3ds xl is somewhat recent(if a year counts as recent), I hope it is with a small screen, but not too small. Battery life will be a big influence on my choice to buy it as well.

Even if they did, I'm more worried about battery life than screen size. #TripleTheBatteryLife

Since this is the New Nintendo 3ds and not the XL we're talking about I think a medium to small sized screen would be great, I don't really think double 3D is a very good idea and would just be hard on the eyes in my opinion. But I do like the second idea of a cover like thing for the control center.

I think nintendo shoulndt make more 3ds models

Reactions: Blue Knight
No, there have been enough 3ds models at this point. The next handheld/home console is the NX, so there won't be anymore 3ds models. I mean, come on! There are already way too much models, and I don't really want another 3ds system. It is just unrealistic.

Now as a new handheld, I can see it happening. An entire new handheld would be sweet with an awesome feature. What I want is an hd ds, with 1 or 2 screens. HD on a Nintendo handheld would be beautiful.

I think I can picture it in my mind and it sounds wonderful but I feel some inconviniences like the fact that it would require more battery power and that the system would be a bit thicker than now and it would be a bit unconfortable to carry around but I´m down to all of the other things you said.

I dislike the 3D feature. It's just meaningless overall and increases costs.

3D implementation on both screens would be tough when the lower screen is also a touchscreen, and it would consume more system resources.

Imo, it's not worth it. Let the 3D implementation die along with the 3DS :/

Back