My Take on Genshin Impact

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
~I have it on PS4, so my opinions might be different then if on the Switch~

The biggest thing that people will talk about is that this game is a gacha game. That does NOT mean that it's pay-to-win, in fact, counting all of the Primogem bonuses you get at the beginning of the game, and realizing that getting a new character just gives you new abilities just makes the idea of a pay-to-win situation utterly ridiculous & extremely improbable. Also, the conversion between Genisis Crystals & Primogems is stupid, because it's a 1:1 scale and that makes no sense other than to add an extra layer of transaction.

Here are some of the main things that you should know about Genshin Impact before playing

1) "Grinding" isn't something that you can pay to get away from, when it comes to player level, yes, you can just pay to get a bunch of weapons in the gacha format, but even then, you still need to get enough Adventurer Level (only acquirable through gameplay) and that takes actual skill, doing certain challenges, defeating certain bosses, finding new locations, etc.

2) Certain characters are only unlockable through the gacha system, but at the same time, these characters aren't 100% needed to progress through the game, and most characters can be unlocked by progressing through the storyline and completing the missions.

3) PSN Users BEWARE! You will NOT be able to access your account on Mobile, PC, & Switch due to PSN limitations made by Sony, which is a bit unfortunate. The good news is that you can still play Genshin Impact with Mobile, PC, & Switch users. Just make sure to write down your UID and share it with your friends.

4) The storyline is pretty nice, and the challenge is still there with most enemies, but as long as you evenly level your weapons & characters, you should be fine with taking on the challenge. Currently, the max level according to multiple sources on October 5th, 2020 is Level 63, requiring 3,034,450 XP. Don't worry if you hit the limit though, the developers say that they will add more ascensions to the game.

5) This is a game that you have to be skilled at, seriously. Don't think that this is going to be some easy grinding and be over with. This is like a Chinese made Breath of The Wild, you are going to need to manage your recourses carefully, understand how most of the game mechanics work, and know about the elemental reactions that you can achieve. The game will make these very clear to you. (BTW, if you have a pop up that says New thing found, make sure to read it using the button prompt, and it will give you a primogem per new thing found

Overall, this is a wonderful game that I would highly recommend to EVERYBODY, comment below if you have some questions about the game, and after a while, I will update this page with tips & tricks

• Informative
Reactions: Marc, Mizunil, Talkative_Tween and 1 other person
My only complaint is the PC Version installs a rootkit 'anti-cheat' that I refuse to touch at all. I don't trust it there and I don't trust it with Valorant

• Informative
Reactions: ChewyPucc and Jisenku
My only complaint is the PC Version installs a rootkit 'anti-cheat' that I refuse to touch at all. I don't trust it there and I don't trust it with Valorant
True, even if it's not bad by itself, according to sources, It can leave a backdoor for malware to get into. Plus it's owned by Epic, which is extra unfortunate.

Here's my UID if you want it: 605102634 (PSN: ItsBlueJYT)

I hope to soon have a large guide thread talking about all the different locations in Genshin Impact, and will probably make it a way that you can purchase the guide (With Play Coins of course) to A) Make sure that only members can see it B) I'm going to be working very hard on it, so it's going to be hard not to level the price up a bit

I've been playing as well!!! It's a really fun and charming little RPG. The elemental reactions are what really drew me in. I saw my friend playing and burning and enemy's shield with a fire arrow and that's when I knew I had to play...LOL.

My UID is 806576327

Reactions: Jisenku
I’ve had fun exploring the world mostly. I don’t mind the gacha stuff right now, but if they ever enact some kind of pvp component, it’s all gonna go downhill. If people want to spend half their paycheck on virtual characters, go right ahead, but the moment I have to compete with these people is the moment I write off the game and never look back.

Considering how much money they’ve already made off of irresponsible spenders, it’s only going to get worse. For now, I’m really liking how big the world is and how much random little camps and side quests I’m finding. I wish the game didn’t lock up sometimes though. I also sometimes sit down on a bench and can’t stand back up, which is bizarre.

Last edited:
I’ve had fun exploring the world mostly. I don’t mind the gacha stuff right now, but if they ever enact some kind of pvp component, it’s all gonna go downhill. If people want to spend half their paycheck on virtual characters, go right ahead, but the moment I have to compete with these people is the moment I write off the game and never look back.

Considering how much money they’ve already made off of irresponsible spenders, it’s only going to get worse. For now, I’m really liking how big the world is and how much random little camps and side quests I’m finding. I wish the game didn’t lock up sometimes though. I also sometimes sit down on a bench and can’t stand back up, which is bizarre.
I do believe that there is PVP already (EDIT: There is no PVP, and they don't plan to have it.), if you reach AR16, you will unlock multiplayer ~BTW, what's your UID? (It's on the bottom right corner)~

Also, another thing, I found this site (https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/) where it shows you the map with all of the different locations and whatnot. I would recommend you check it out if you are stuck in a certain part of the map

Last edited:
This game looks fun, but it also kind of looks like weeb trash.

This game looks fun, but it also kind of looks like weeb trash.
Umm... what do you think I am?

I'M A WEEB

Also, don't let the Anime aesthetics fool you, this game is still very similar to Breath of the Wild

I do really like some games with anime aesthetics, like disgaea, but that's mainy because it's a tactical rpg like fire emblem. Also I know you're a weeb from your profile picture. I do like anime, I really enjoyed Attack on Titan. I also appreciate that you're not the type of person who won't shut up about anime. I knew someone like that who cosplayed as erin from attack on titan every single day, and she was weird as crap.

I do really like some games with anime aesthetics, like disgaea, but that's mainy because it's a tactical rpg like fire emblem. Also I know you're a weeb from your profile picture. I do like anime, I really enjoyed Attack on Titan. I also appreciate that you're not the type of person who won't shut up about anime. I knew someone like that who cosplayed as erin from attack on titan every single day, and she was weird as crap.
:eyes: that's weird as hecc not going to lie. I would cosplay as someone once in a blue moon for giggles, and maybe for some clout... but I do love anime, and listening to Miku

:eyes: that's weird as hecc not going to lie. I would cosplay as someone once in a blue moon for giggles, and maybe for some clout... but I do love anime, and listening to Miku
I just googled miku, and listened to the first video that popped up. The comments are weird as hell.
Also WTF did I just do to my ears.

I just googled miku, and listened to the first video that popped up. The comments are weird as hell.
Also WTF did I just do to my ears.
We should probably get back on topic for the other people who see this not to get confused (that PM was weird)

Any other questions?

Back