RMT / Team Help My team for singles, 3v3.

• Thread starter MysticSniper
  • Start date
MysticSniper

MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
Zoroark
Item: red card
Nature: modest
Ability: illusion
EVs: 252 spd, 128 hp & sp. atk
Moves: night daze, flamethrower, foul play, nasty plot.

Goodra
damp rock
bold
hydration
252 def, 128 sp. atk & spd
dragon pulse, rain dance, sjudge wave, rest.

Charizard
charizardite x
impish
blaze > tough claws
252 atk, 128 hp & spd
flare blitz, earthquake, dragon claw, steel wing.

Your team is fairy weak. I'd change it around and add a steel type, probably replacing Goodra, since a Hydration+Rain Dance set is somewhat detrimental to the other two. Also I'd make severe changes to those EV spreads. Zoroark's spread isn't strong enough to be efficient without boosting and with 60/60/60 defenses he's far too brittle to be solely reliant on boosting for power; decide what you want him to do and he can be terrifying. For your Charizard, invest more into speed so he'll be more threatening, and if you want to invest in HP (since you're running that defensive nature), take from your atk stat and mot speed. I think it would be worth your time to invest a heart scale in Dragon Dance.

Not sure if you wanted a rating, I just went for it.

I can replace goodra with an aggron I just bred, but I don't really know a good EV spread for it. Its current moveset is iron head, protect, iron defense, and automize. Its nature is jolly.

Mabye I could cut zoroark's speed EVs in half and split that on the two defenses. I'm also thinking about dropping foul play.

Getting dragon dance onto charizard is going to require me bredding a new one, but that would let me change nature to jolly. I'll also do 252 speed in that case, because might as well max it out if it's that important. I guess I could cut attack in half and put that into hp.

Switching charizard's nature to jolly and dragon dance would make it a lot more effective. Also, I don't think Zoroark needs defense, I think it's better for speed + spatk.
As the other guy said, rain dance cripples attacks on both of your other pokemon, so you could change its moves to use another strategy.
Btw, are your pokemon IV bred? because that matters sometimes, specially on the speed stat

Yes, they are IV bred. The only IV that isn't perfect is the unused attack stat. I don't really see how rain dance cripples the other two: they're both neutral to water, and only two of eight moves are fire, so it doesn't seem like they're crippled that much.

Yes, they are IV bred. The only IV that isn't perfect is the unused attack stat. I don't really see how rain dance cripples the other two: they're both neutral to water, and only two of eight moves are fire, so it doesn't seem like they're crippled that much.
Let me explain, If I may. By the way hi!:)

The reason why the others are saying that the rain can cripple the two other pokemon, other than the point you already mention, is the fact that the others simply don't benefit from the rain. It would make more sense to have a grass type to be paired up with Goodra, cause the rain can reduces the damage done by fire types. I agree with them to have a steel type in your team. Because you need a wall to take the hits for the other pokemon.:pompus:

I hope this will help, my friend. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again. Have a great evening. :thumbsup:

Reactions: J9794
I guess you're right, but it really doesn't matter that much since I'm dropping goodar for an aggron. The only grass type I Have ready to go right now is serperior, so that doesn't help much. Besides, I don't really like running any kind of weather, because there's always the chance I'll end up fighting someone who relies on another weather, which will result in every other turn, the weather will change, meaning nobodies strategy can get going.

EDIT:
I also just remembered that I have a lucario that was one of the first pokemon I bred. It can't tank like aggron or goodra can, but it is something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jyoster134
I've made a few changes to this team, and this time I'll add in the nicknames I gave them, because someone might have fought them already:
zoroark (Shadow)
red card
modest
illusion
252 spd, 100 hp & sp. Atk,28 def & sp. Def
night daze, flamethrower, extrasensory, nasty plot
Dropped foul play because it doesn't seem very useful, and gave extrasensory to give fighting coverage.

Aggron (Shean)
leftovers/weakness polocy
jolly
sturdy
252 sp. Def, 100 hp & atk, 52 def, 4 spd
iron tail, hone claws, brick break, toxic/protect

charizard (Nova)
charizardite x
jolly
tough claws
252 spd, 100 hp, 52 atk, def, & sp. Def
flare blitz, steel wing, dragon claw, dragon dance
O went with max speed to make it lethal, and with dragon dance boosting attack, I took some EVs out of attack and put those into the defenses.

Back