My thoughts on Alatreon in Monster Hunter World... She seems kinda ruined =(

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent played monster hunter world/ iceborne but i have seen a bit of the game here and there. when i heard about the alatreon announcement i was pretty excited to see what shed be like in the game watching a good showcase in a video, well... that was until a number of disappointments after i had seen a bit of her in that game

first problem was the music. this was such a bad remake of the original song its not even funny. they toned the soundtrack for her down way too much. Alatreon is an elder dragon that realistically speaking could obliterate anything at all; she can burn towns to the ground, freeze a human inhabited area completely dry and then just annihilate it easily, can raze lightning storms across many continents and so forth. she of all elements, Alatreon can destroy anything like its an insect--the song was supposed to be as dramatic as it originally was! =P any world destroying elder dragon needs a worthy both epic and dramatic song during the battle

the second problem was well, what the gameplay looked like... there was too much ice, very little fire and definitely not enough lightning imo. she needs more frequent shifts and the fact you can break her horns and cancel one of these for the entire fight honestly shouldnt have been a thing. break the horns for higher chance at certain parts? well we need that, no problems here--thats always been a thing. the only thing i think was probably a good move on capcom's end with this Alatreon in world/ iceborne is that she has a very massive AOE that seemed pretty tough to move out of (pretty sure you had to be on the rim of the area to avoid this, it was very big). she also seemed to be missing her special ice storm attack and this was definitely not a good way to go =/ they shouldve made it bigger instead of removing it tbh. this was an easily memorable thing about fighting alatreon for me besides the awesome soundtrack in MHGU, she was amazing in that game and i loved fighting her

hope whenever another monster hunter comes to switch they go back to old alatreon like in MHGU or 3U but maybe scale the health down for a solo game so its not too terribly daunting, but maybe have her damage a bit higher... just uh no one shots please except from a couple attacks (just dont make everything instant death lol). especially by the end game monsters should still have reasonably high damage imo, but lowering the health adequately for a solo game would be a nice change if another game in the series comes to switch. im not against co op by any means, but getting incompetents for something like an EX bloodbath diablos or otherwise doesnt really help the already difficult situation. solo you generally have less power, so health adjustment seems like a fair mechanic for a 1 person game so even average players like me can enjoy the hardcore stuff without running out of time or otherwise (looking at you G rank nakarkos, mister 33,000 health =P )

Back