My thoughts on Star vs the Forces of Evil

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk

After making you watch "that", I'll give you my impressions on the first two episodes. They're just so energenic. You can find them on YouTube. So the story is that Star Butterfly, yes that's her name. Gets her family's magic wand for her 14th birthday but since she's so irresponsible with it, her parents send her to Earth to practice responsibility which she totally doesn't. Seriously, why does Earth always get beings from other places in the Universe? And then there's these bad guys that want the wand. And Star befiends some guy whose name I forgot and they go on weird adventures.

OK, enough explaining the story. So how the first two episodes are is that they're really energenic and whimsical. I'm not the guy who usually enjoys them, but I couldn't help but crack a smile. I surprisingly liked all the weird stuff that goes on, that's basically goes on in my mind, except it's not girly things. I think Disney is sending secret agents to find oit what goes on in my mind, gender bend it, and make it a show. It feels like Sailor Moon x Steven Universe x the Amazing World of Gumball x Powerpuff Girls. But that was just the pilot. Some minor complaints I have are that the eyes look strange to me and Star feels a bit sugar drunk. But that's my two cents. I still don't get how I enjoyed it.

I don't get it either, but I loved it. The rainbows on fire certainly made me laugh :]

Back