Name your favorite childhood show or movie.

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
As children we love cartoons and our love for it sticks with us throughout our lives. Type some childhood nostalgia as we remember how good nickalodeon was actually cool back then.

Most of the saturday morning cartoons on 4kids tv and later toonzai were my childhood shows. The original yugioh show was my most favorite one that aired along with the classics like huntix, spider riders, and sonic x. Sadly the whole toonzai/4kids thing got taken off the air a couple years back. rip

I used to like Clifford,Dragon Tales, and Cyberchase when I didn't have cable also every Saturday morning I would watch the 4kids tv shows which were Pokémon,Batman, and johnny test. Now that I have cable I watch all sorts of stuff like Spongebob,Family Guy,American Dad,Pokémon,Tom and Jerry and etc.

While not a cartoon, but rather a kid's show I remember loving Peewee's Play House when I was little. Later when I was older I watched DBZ every week day on Toonami after school and Pokemon in the mornings on a local non cable/satellite channel. This was when I was 13-15 and Peewee's Play House was when I was 4 or 5 years of age.

Pokemon for certain. Other shows come and go like Digimon, or Kirby: Right back at ya! But it all falls back on Pokemon in the end.

(Family Guy has gotten worse for me lately. It used to be pretty funny in its first season, but the ones after they were canceled started a slow decline.)

From what I can remember, they were Pokemon, Digimon and YuGiOh.

I can't remember if I loved Digimon or YuGiOh more than Pokemon back then, but I think they were my top three cartoons. I tried not to miss any of the Pokemon or YuGiOh episodes on release. Not too sure about Digimon..

Also, how many people even remember this one called Recess? :

Qyo3xBmnCYZ8I6E.jpg

I doubt it airs anywhere right now and I can hardly remember the episodes xD

Reactions: Ace
My first ever anime was actually Pokemon (the first ever series, when it first aired). That was around '97, if I remember correctly.

I also used to watch Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes and some others. Cartoon Network was amazing back then. <3

Mmkay, I feel like I have many of them, so I'll share some notable ones below.

Pokémon - This one is fairly obvious, considering that this started the Pokémon craze everywhere, including in my country. It has run for pretty long, and I still remember the infamous original theme, either in English dub or Japanese original.

Power Rangers - Yep, I knew one since around Mighty Morphin Power Rangers days (and no, I'm not referring to the recent movie). However, I didn't knew Power Rangers has spawned many seasons because I didn't see the other series besides of MMPR when I was a kid, at least until when I'm a teenager. Besides of that, I also have some share of Super Sentai (the origin of Power Rangers itself) because the local TV wants to air them as well.

Cardcaptor Sakura - I can say this is one of my childhood as well, and the version that I watched is dubbed directly from Japanese source. I still remember Sakura's quest to catch the cards, and I still remember when I enjoyed the show a lot whenever I watched it in my local language or in Chinese language. However, at times I'm not sure if I could keep up with all those marathons in a certain Chinese cartoon TV channel.

Other notable mentions are three Eldoran anime series (which involves kids who control the mecha), Doraemon, Digimon, Blue's Clues, Dora the Explorer, Tom and Jerry, Ultraman Cosmos, Winnie the Pooh, Hoshi no Kirby (yep, they dubbed it from Japanese source), Sonic X, Road Runner... hoo boy, looks like I have too many list to count if it comes to my fave childhood series.

Generator Rex: God, that show was good. Lots of action, a good villain, made by the same creators of ben 10, seriously give this a watch.
Transformers Prime: Greatest Transformers Show ever. Good characters, great story (although there was alot of filler) and really good animation.

Honestly, I gre up in the late 90s, and early 2000s, so my shows were pretty much:
- Arthur
- Recess
- Spongebob
And similar popular shows.
However, for some older, not-so-popular shows, get ready for the nostaglia!

- Catdog
- Martin Mystery
- What-a-Mess
- Stickin' Around
- Beast Wars
- Goosebumps
- Are You Afraid Of The Dark
- Hey! Arnold.

Please note some of these may be Canadian-only shows, so they may just be nostalgic to me. Haha.

Reactions: Marc
No doubt it was Scooby-Doo. I would watch it after school in the mid-1980s. In fact, it was a massive concern to me. I remember I was even upset cause our bus was late cause I thought I would miss it.

Anyhow, other shows I liked included Inspector Gadget, which came after Scooby-Doo, and The Smurfs.

I watched Saved By The Bell and Full House more than cartoons growing up.

I liked the movies Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Bedknobs and Broomsticks as a youngster. Of course, I also enjoyed Looney Tunes stuff.

The rugrats/catdog. I loved those shows!

Supernatural

Last edited by a moderator:
Back