Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm 4: Handling Spammers

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so most of us probably know about spamming problems online in this game. but theres something easy to know about these people as well. almost all of them use deidara, temari, tenten or hashirama going by my personal observation when i was watching someone on youtube trying to beat a spammer. also, ive known them to depend on staying in the very back of the arena as well which means you need to be careful at range. almost all of them just button mash and lob stuff and thats honestly it. the only issue is if you get hit once the rest of the crappy noob combo probably hits you if you fail to sideway jump out of it, and subs dont seem to work very well with this spamming either (or its very tight and i wasnt able to make it work often). so its obviously very predictable but some characters dont cope well with this kind of silly situation and i have a personal favorite who can actually safely close in on spammy characters who do everything they can to run away and spam from the edges of the area. some people use neji or sasuke (i think sasuke is safer though) but tbh i would just use juubi madara for this trash. his ninjutsu will block their projectiles and as you slowly move in they can take damage if the hole touches them. its definitely slow and easy to dodge but it will still pin them because of the fact it does change course a bit and block their projectiles.

remember: almost every spammer depends on maximum distance and their cheap tactics dont work well in close combat at all. so by carefully moving in like this with madara, we eventually force them to fight up front the real way... or have them rage quit because their trick wont work like this lol. if youre quick enough its also possible to follow up with his ultimate jutsu and hit them with it right as they get back up if the hole does hit them. be careful with temari, part of her dirt combo can actually go over the hole but if you pay attention you can just leap out of the way and immediately chakra dash--this is obviously another thing to pin spammers. if they get tired of being a sitting duck they might also try to chakra dash but it beats standing there button mashing and not moving at all unless theyre forced to for sure. find open frames with the spamming combos as well is definitely the key to getting an effective chakra dash. using the hole and then chakra dashing in this case with juubi madara is also a great thing to do and they will not like this since you get a free dash having the hole deflect their projectiles. even if abusing the hole gets a bit predictable it is going to force them to do something besides stand there and button mash. if they dont want to they will probably rage quit haha...

this is how i handled some spammy characters offline. online though the situation is worse but being this technical and cautious with juubi madara is definitely a sure thing online and will force the spammer to do something else, its almost impossible for them to keep pushing the same button with zero movement if you do this. also, they can be cornered like this if they decide to keep being risky and go at it regardless of the obvious threat. a lot of people HATE spammers in this game but i think with enough skill and caution this idea can easily beat them. tenten is completely powerless against this tactic, temari only has one move on her button spam that can go over the hole (but all you need to do is jump away and chakra dash, she is wide open after using this one), and deidara wont do very well trying to spam against this either.

hope this helps anyone who's tired of dealing with spammy characters/ users in this game. its not that hard to sandwich them like this but does require some caution =) remember, box them in and theyre toast if they depend too much on maximum distance

Reactions: Dark Link and Mizunil
^ (bump since i cant find the edit button to write this in the original post):

note that it took me a numerous sadistic rounds against a high level AI Temari that has a high tendency to backround spam for me to figure out how to reliably approach spammers. i used obito (juubi), kinshiki, momoshiki, kaguya and even tsunade against her and the safest one seemed to be juubi madara (at least for my skill level/ ability as a player). tsunade is great if you can stop the spammer from running away (this happened a lot) but if they get started all over again and you fail to dodge on time shes in a much tighter than the others i used here. kinshiki's hitzones do wonders as well, but juubi madara went better for me

this was over 3 hours or rematches with all of these characters... i took a break after all this character testing because i honestly had seen a bit too much of her, but the situation is honestly the same with deidara and tenten spammers tbh even though i personally find temari worst

^ (bump since i cant find the edit button to write this in the original post):

note that it took me a numerous sadistic rounds against a high level AI Temari that has a high tendency to backround

I haven’t played Ninja Storm 4, but I remember online temaris in Ninja Storm 3 being absolute monsters by spamming from the background >_>

Reactions: Kadaj
I haven’t played Ninja Storm 4, but I remember online temaris in Ninja Storm 3 being absolute monsters by spamming from the background >_>
yep, storm 3 had the same problem i described in this thread: stay in the back and mash the button nonstop as much as possible. and whats worse is no otsutsuki clan members to put them in their place, and we didnt have juubi madara and juubi obito to humiliate them either. i find pretty much any otsutsuki person and juubi madara the easiest ones to trap them with. note howevee that even though i primarily used juubi madara against the spammy AI temari that momoshiki is my true main and i rarely have problems usinmg him in any situation. his fire bomb does well going through their garbage and he is very powerful apart from this (and very cute! ^^ ) Hes my favorite and the first character i tried when i played storm 4 on my switch so if i use him im fine anywhere =D i wrote these other ideas because some people might not play Momoshiki very well and also for options since spammers are extremely frustrating for a lot of playstyles. might as well have as many options as possible since this crap really sucks

for storm 3 all i can really suggest is a close range character since none of my personal suggestion choices are in that game, but with enough practice im pretty sure Tsunade can make short work of them. itachi is also pretty agile so it might be easier to close in on them, but i have zero practice with him lol...

• Informative
Reactions: Mizunil
Back