Need a good free screen recording software

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I just need to show someone the procedure to do something in a video I send them. I used to use Bandicam but that's been years and I'm sure there is something better.

It's for non-commercial use and I would rather if the video has no watermark, but if that isn't possible I guess the watermark will just have to do. If it's easy-to-use and I can include text in certain parts of the video, that would be awesome too ^^

Anyone has any recommendations?

Reactions: Samster
I just need to show someone the procedure to do something in a video I send them. I used to use Bandicam but that's been years and I'm sure there is something better.

It's for non-commercial use and I would rather if the video has no watermark, but if that isn't possible I guess the watermark will just have to do. If it's easy-to-use and I can include text in certain parts of the video, that would be awesome too ^^

Anyone has any recommendations?
Depends on what you’re using it for. Do you mean for video games? Or were you thinking more business type?

If video games, I’ve heard that Screen-Cast-O-Matic is a great one. Link to try it here: https://screencast-o-matic.com/

Or for business, Screencastify might be a way to go. Yes, it’s paid, but there’s also a lite option as well. I’d give it a go, I’ve heard really good things about this one. Link here: https://www.screencastify.com/products/screen-recorder/

Reactions: Marc
Depends on what you’re using it for. Do you mean for video games? Or were you thinking more business type?
Business - privately training a colleague. I'll give Screencastify a shot. Thanks!

Reactions: Samster
How about Windows button plus G? That works for me since I have Windows.

How about Windows button plus G? That works for me since I have Windows.
What? I'm using Windows 7 btw.

Reactions: Marc
Use OBS, it’s free, and you can do anything you want, from live-streaming, to recording anything on your computer, or with facecam or not.

100% use OBS. I use it for recording and streaming, hardly have any issues with it at all. I can teachyou how to set it up if you wish, there's a fair few settings in it which need to be changed/configured based on what you need.

Reactions: AricAttack
Definitely OBS, or if you feel like you need something more user orientated, get GameShow, it is very user-friendly, has a free version (with no watermark)... the only downside is that it requires internet.

Back