RMT / Team Help Need a Support Pokemon for a rain team

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
This is the last pokemon that i need,this is my current team.

Gastrodon
Politoed
Toxicroak
Brongzong
?
?

Last edited:
An offensive Politoed maybe? (offensive because most of the Pokemon from that list seems defensive)

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Modest
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 84 Speed
Moves:
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Reactions: 3823
I'm trying to stay away from too many water types or else I will have a big weakness to grass/electric.

Well..... Uh..... Its a rain team.... You kinda HAVE to need a majority of water types :p Maybe you could use something like a Lapras, which counters Grass-Type, or use Seismitoad/Quagsire to counter those pesky Electric types.

Maybe a Dewgong with Hydration? >.<

Possibly a Ludicolo? It would provide a nice resistance to Grass and Electric

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Kingdra is a pretty good pokemon for the rain and covers the grass/electric problem to an extent, plus not many people know much about knigdra, so you could sneak in a KO.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 64 HP/252 SpA/192 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse

Ludicolo, Jolteon, Azumarill, Tentacruel, Toxicroak and Vaporeon are also excellent picks that could potentially help your team.

I think I'll go with the toxicroak because it could use a poison attack for grass types and earthquake for electric types.

Klefki seems like a great option because of the typing and Priority Rain. Rotom Wash maybe because of the bulk, ChestRest, and WoW to help make your team be more defensive. That reminds me... does anyone use Lanturn anymore?

I'd suggest using Ludicolo on that team. It's not weak to either Grass or Electric I believe, since it's typing is Water/Grass. And it has two abilities that benefit from rain.

Politoed with Drizzle. Put perish song, scald, ice beam and protect on it to wall pokemon and to stall them of the burn with scald. A bold nature is what I use with MAX HP and DEF. for maximum def. have leftovers to heal every turn and also use protect to heal yourself more

The answer is Swampert! It's still water, but beats electric types. Also, it has a Mega evolution. If a grass type comes your way, use aerial ace!

...Or you could go for a F.E.A.R. Rattata...hehehuwwww

Last edited:
True, now. M-Swampert gets swift swim.

I suggest Vaporeon.
Wish/heal/scald/maybe aqua ring or whatever you choose
very helpful as a support.

Use a poliwrath. it is a water type so it has a type advantage and also i think it has swift swim. That fighting type could also have a good backup for more physical attacks too.

Use a poliwrath. it is a water type so it has a type advantage and also i think it has swift swim. That fighting type could also have a good backup for more physical attacks too.
Well Talonflame and Staraptor are still threats in this metagame so if you had a Pokemon to setup status like Klefki or Sableye then that would be useful.

ferothorn if the rain is up it weakens his weakness to fire.

ferothorn if the rain is up it weakens his weakness to fire.

Well ferro still dies pretty quick from fire attacks. At most it would survive two turns instead of one. That four times weakness is a real killer.

You could add an umbreon to force a switch and rain dance in the meantime :p

Also, klefki is a great idea. With the ability prankster, you have priority on many moves, and rain dance also. It would also cover your toxic vulnerability, meaning you can switch in klefki when you predict something will use toxic.

Reactions: Hikki
Back