NES Classic vs. SNES Classic

• Thread starter zekiebouy
  • Start date
zekiebouy

zekiebouy

Ex(zach)ly
Towns Folk
Alright Nintenpedian's, let's here your thoughts! Now that both these classic gems have been re-released as mini (and FRICKING ADORABLE) consoles, which one do you prefer?

Personally, I would choose the SNES Classic :p Although it does have less games (21 compared to NES with 30) I believe that quality trumps quantity in this situation.

I also prefer the SNES Classic (Although I have neither :(). Higher quality games in my opinion and it looks a little cooler. Also a little more nostalgic to me because of the cool design, and the fact that I've played many more SNES games then NES games.

Reactions: Mizunil
I feel I'd like the SNES classic more if it came with Mega Man & Bass. (Which was known as Rock man & Fourte in Japan.)

Definitely SNES Classic. Not only because of the better games (even though I wish Chrono Trigger was also there, and I have no interest in Star Fox 2), but also because the NES Classic's controller wire is too short.

Snes classic is the obvious choice, because it has many amazing games, as well as star fox 2, which isn’t available anywhere else. Now i just need to find one that isnt being overpriced on ebay.

Although NES was the console that started Ninty off, I don't actually remember any of the games I played on it, Since I was a kid when it was released.

The SNES however, It had some really good games such as Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart. It was pretty much my entire childhood in a nutshell. The mini version is so adorable!!! I'd love to relive all the memories once again!

SNES games are generally better than NES games, so for that reason, The SNESC.

I really love both of the mini consoles, but since the snes classic edition offers more for money I would got with that instead. You get 2 controllers and an unreleased game. so you could play super mario world, starfox 1 and 2, super metroid etc. the graphics are also better overall has better specs than the nes classic edition.

I never had many memories with the systems or a connection of the many games they offer. However the SNES has Earthbound and if that never comes to the Switch that may have been a good buy knowing how popular the series is and how much those games physically are worth it's a better buy than a new console (New 3DS/Wii U) and the game just for that desire. Since the my 3DS also plays the NES games I got from Club Nintendo, I'd have to say the SNES Classic. Also why would Nintendo not put Earthbound on the Wii. I'm sure there's some reason but man what a universe that would be.

SNES cuz its the NES but its super

Alright Nintenpedian's, let's here your thoughts! Now that both these classic gems have been re-released as mini (and FRICKING ADORABLE) consoles, which one do you prefer?

Personally, I would choose the SNES Classic :p Although it does have less games (21 compared to NES with 30) I believe that quality trumps quantity in this situation.
SNES Classic. It generally has the better games, look, and feel of the controller. It also has some really good RPGs.

SNES Classic. It has a limited offering of games, but there is a way to put more on it.

SNES Classic. It has a limited offering of games, but there is a way to put more on it.
Really? How?

Definitely SNES, I just really want them to put Earthbound on it

Definitely SNES, I just really want them to put Earthbound on it
I agree. Earthbound is a really good game. I had some difficulty at first (specifically with the encounters at the cave near Giant Step!) but I soon got the hang of it, and actually got good! When I finished the game, I was so amazed at how this was not just your regular generic RPG, no, this is much more than that. I honestly questioned myself why I haven't played this game yet! I had a great time exploring and chatting and getting stuff. Gygas gave me nightmares BTW, but it stopped soon. I have yet to play Earthbound Begginings or Mother 3 though, but I heard they're wonderful! I really hope we get Mother 3 in the West tho. I'm still thinking if I should play the fan translation or just wait for it to be released. The latter though, I don't see it happening. So I'll guess I'll be trying out the fan translation soon.

Snes for sure because of earthbound. I absolutely love earthbound and if I had the cartridge I would play the heck out of it. Earthbound is honestly one of the best rpgs of all time and would play it on an snes classic if I had the chance to. Too bad both the Nes and snes classic cost a lot. Well at least they don't cost as much as an earthbound cartridge that's for sure lol. ^w^

Back