Support Needed nes problem help!

• Thread starter Tyrone
  • Start date
Tyrone

Tyrone

Totally Marcs Alt :3
Banned User
I need help my nes is hooked up right and has a game in it but its flashing yellow how can i fix this

I think that it may be because of the fact that the NES game cartridge may be dirty or have plenty dust in them , you can try cleaning them . Another thing might be that the NES might be quite old or worn out to work properly anymore , or it can be the Pin Connector . Cleaning them thoroughly might work :)

ok thanks!

There's many ways a NES can fail but the most common issue is the cartridge contacts being dirty. The easiest way to clean them is with some Q-tip and Windex. Then you rub it back and forth on the cartridge contacts (on both sides) until all the grime is gone.
If this doesn't fix the problem, find a method to open the cartridge (it usually requires a 3.8mm security bit/Gamebit), and rub a pencil eraser on all the contacts, this way you assure to remove even the deepest corrosion that the contacts may have.

If after all this process you still have a blinky screen, then the problem may be a poor connection between the console and the game cart. At this point you need to replace the 72 pin connector on the console itself, or clean and bend the pins back to their original position (which is a really tedious task to be honest).

This problem is very common on NES consoles, and the problem originates from the bizarre "Zero insertion force" mechanism they implemented on the console, which bends the pins over time.

Back