• Thread starter Rosey
  • Start date

2dsxl vs 3dsxl

• Total voters
Rosey

Rosey

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
I think the 2dsxl amazing. (I own one.) It doesnt have the 3d feature. Which for me personally is unnecessary, it strains my eyes really bad and gives me a migraine. Other than the lack of 3d it's essentially the same. While the stylus is a good bit shorter. It comes with the charger. It has a good feel and plays well. They both have amiibo support and are both xl so that doesnt really affect my decision. Overall i think 2dsxl wins, at least for me. It was and is the best bang for my buck.​

Reactions: AricAttack
Yes 2DSXL is better. I do not have a 2DSXL or 3DSXL but I now a few things about them.

The 2DSXL just looks better overall. It also is a lot cheaper. The 3DSXL is bulky looking, and a lot more expensive, all for a 3D feature I would never use.

The 2DS XL is better because it's cheaper, better looking, and it doesn't have that 3d feature almost nobody uses.
I've had mine for about a year and a half now, and I've got to say, I love it. Definitely better than the old 2DS because of the new clamshell design, amiibo support and stuff like that.

2dsxl is truly an upgrade from the previous systems , i agree with that.
i use a 2dsxl when playing english games.
however my other 3ds , a new 3ds is for imports and it has its 3d feature.
i dont use 3d much as well.
as i mostly play puyo puyo games on that 3ds.
i had it since 2015 , now its battery at full charge barely lasts 55 minutes even when wireless is off and 3d is off.

Personally, I really adore the 3D feature. Not every game uses it, naturally, but when it is used, I'm mesmerized by it.

That said, the new 2DS looks pretty cool, too. Definitely the better choice for those un-enthused by the initial selling point of the 3D visuals. I'm glad they actually made it fold and gave it both audio channels, bc the original 2DS was an unfunny joke if you ask me.

Get either one. I say the 3D one because it's not like we'll ever see this gimmick ever again right? It might be worth more to certain people. Size doesn't really matter though imo. It still has the same games offered as regular New 3DS's. Oh yeah and some games (namely Mario 3D Land and Dream Team) take advantage of the 3D feature.

Durability Wise... NEW 2DSXL Wins 100%, the N3DSXL feels so flimsy, you can actually slightly move the top screen around its hinge if you want to, or just get a Switch, because the 3DS Eshop will probably be done as far as releasing games.

The New 2DS XL is awesome I have one and it is so cool!

I think the new 3ds XL feels a lot more quality than the new 2ds. The new 2ds to me feels cheaply made. If I found one for cheap I would still buy it though.

I think the new 3ds XL feels a lot more quality than the new 2ds. The new 2ds to me feels cheaply made. If I found one for cheap I would still buy it though.
I would say the COMPLETE opposite. I have an N3DSXL, and the top screen hinge is so freaking jiggly, plus it's made out of straight-up cheap plastic, while the 2DS seems to have some sort of built-in protective layer on the outside. plus the 3D is such a gimmick, I'd rather just play on the 2DS because it's way cheaper and it still has access to all the games that the new 3DS has

I would say the COMPLETE opposite. I have an N3DSXL, and the top screen hinge is so freaking jiggly, plus it's made out of straight-up cheap plastic, while the 2DS seems to have some sort of built-in protective layer on the outside. plus the 3D is such a gimmick, I'd rather just play on the 2DS because it's way cheaper and it still has access to all the games that the new 3DS has
I actually said the wrong thing. I was talking about the regular New 3DS, not the N3DS XL. I've never actually held a new 3DS XL. I don't even have a new 3ds, I have an O3DS XL.

I actually said the wrong thing. I was talking about the regular New 3DS, not the N3DS XL. I've never actually held a new 3DS XL. I don't even have a new 3ds, I have an O3DS XL.
Pardon, the issue is also present with the N3DS as well, so my point still stands

Pardon, the issue is also present with the N3DS as well, so my point still stands
Oh, I've actually never noticed that with the new 3DS, I guess I'll be upgrading to the New 2DS after all.

Reactions: Jisenku
The top screen is a little jiggly on my new 3ds XL. I still use the 3d occasionally so I voted for N3dsXL. I just like having the highest upgraded version of 3ds, as a collector.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back