New 3ds vs. New 3ds xl

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
I was planning on buying the limited edition New 3ds Pokémon edition. They are going away pretty quickly though...

I wanted to ask what was better as a system- New 3ds normal or new 3ds xl.

For the XL, I have heard that it has superb speed and a better face tracking 3d. However, its glossy finish makes it catch a lot of fingerprints.

The normal n3ds however, has a relatively slower but still good performance and speed compared to the XL. The face plates also make it look way too cool.

So what is better, normal n3ds or XL n3ds?

Not sure about the better speed and the better face tracking on the XL (I only have XL models, I can't compare) but I can confirm the fingerprint problem, if that's really an issue you don't want.

Now, even though the customization of the non-XL appealed me (the XL not only doesn't support faceplates but also only comes in ugly colors :banghead:), I still bought an XL because I can't play on a system that is too small, due to my long fingers. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, but don't get the wrong size if it's wrong :p

You are buying another 3ds ? Oh man you are rich :p ,anyways i suggest you to go for new 3ds xl after it will have big screen and you will be more comfortable while playing on it but it also depends on the budget toi so if you have low budget then go new nintedo 3ds .

Get the one that fits your finger size and better storage. But also, easier to hide with the smaller one. I say XL

Reactions: Danny
since the new 3ds has faceplate I like that that means I can customize my 3ds the way I want it. it is the same thing as the 3ds XL but smaller I like the way the 3ds looks. Also the 3ds XL is way too big for me And I just Cant fit it into my pockets. The 3ds (new) is good for traveling so thats good i mean I travel alot so I dont know what the prblom is with the new 3ds. So yeah thats my opinion on the new 3ds VS the new 3ds XL

The Regular sized N3DS would be the better choice, because it's more affordable, compact to take on the go, the huge range of faceplates to choose from (you'll find something you like easily). The XL is kinda like a brick compared to the normal one. The fingerprint marks that will get onto the XL sounds like a bother too, you'll get tired of cleaning it over and over. xD

I like the regular sized N3DS more mostly because of the custom face plates. Plus I'm not too big of a fan for the XL either, I find that the regular sized one is easier for me to hold and I've gotten used to the size of the system and the screen, so switching to an XL might be quite a pain for me. And I also agree, the Pokemon custom plates just look awesome <3

I would prefer the New 3DS over the New 3DS XL because I don't really need such a large screen. If you prefer the large screen then go for the XL :p But if you like the custom faceplates and plan to get more as well as if you don't mind the screen, then go for the regular one by all means :p

I'd recommend the New 3DS XL, because my Brother got one of those for Christmas, while I got a regular n3DS. His is considerably faster and the graphics are much better. You actually can get cover plates for the XL, I see them at Shops all the time here and they looked much cooler than the ones that fit on my n3ds, I was a little jealous, honestly. Though it's really a matter of preference whether you'd prefer to go with the traditional size that fits in your hands and pockets or the size that you'd have to get used to and carry in your hand or a bigger bag or case. Hope this is helpful!

If you can feel out both and see how they feel in your hands. For me the New 3DSXL fits more snug (one of the main reasons I got the XL over the regular), nicer for playing over long periods of time. The faceplate thing its nice and all, but I usually get custom printed stickers/vinyls for my stuff anyway and anyone can do that, so personally I didnt get pulled into the faceplate hype. One thing not a lot of people talk about is the top screen on the normal vs XL. As far as Ive read all regular New 3DS has TN screens while SOME New 3DSXL have bottom TN screen but TOP screen is IPS. I can personally confirm that the IPS screens do give better graphical quality than the TN (compared with 2 friends who have New 3DSXL's with top TN screens).

The New 3ds is definitely more stabilized in my opinion because of the gloss on the New 3ds XL like you mentioned, the paint can also be scratched off really easy as mine is beginning to do but the New 3ds XL is a very good performing system, however I think the New 3ds will last longer than the XL.

Back