Tutorial New 3ds xl c stick solution

• Thread starter DarkXorius
  • Start date
DarkXorius

DarkXorius

One without a Heart
Towns Folk
Problem:
So you've bought your new 3ds XL whether it was an upgrade or you wanted to get into the new generation of Nintendo handhelds. Whatever the reason, eventually the c stick got to soft and now the camera won't go in the direction you want.

Tricks:
PSP 1000 cap
Paper
new c stick
unfortunately,I've only heard that these work on the new 3ds original.

My resolve:
Looking through my dad's old computer collection, I've found out that the "Dell D610 track stick" fits perfectly where the c stick used to be.

s-l225.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tick.TRS0&_nkw=Dell+D610+track+stick&_sacat=0
IMG_20160721_173650[1].jpg

Side Note:
I would like to mention that if you the( pushing down on the c stick doesn't work) problem, I would advise to put a small piece of paper to make it easier to ease the amount of pressure you need.

A Video tutorial would benefit us better because tbh the New 3DS C-stick is terrible, it doesn't have any good grip and since I have both sweaty and sausage-like fingers I barely use it, but this looks like it could make using the C-stick worth it

Reactions: Eric Cartman
I have a Youtube channel, but I never post. It's not anything too special. Someone else was bound to figure it out at some point.

But I'm a clueless Diclonius :3

because tbh the New 3DS C-stick is terrible, it doesn't have any good grip and since I have both sweaty and sausage-like fingers I barely use it, but this looks like it could make using the C-stick worth it
No love for the new C-Stick :bag:

The New 3ds was never worth it in my eyes. Just a simple upgrade from the old model, kinda like the Dsi. Good for newcomers, bad for people who already own a 3ds (especially a 3ds xl).

The c stick is ok, but whenever I tried out a game on the New 3ds at Best buy, I would find it really uncomfortable.

Wont picking out the c-stick void any warranty on the system itself? Glad I never bought a New 3ds, my old 3ds xl is more than enough until Nintendo releases their new handheld/home console next year.

Even if I had a new 3ds, I would only use the C stick in smash

Even if I had a new 3ds, I would only use the C stick in smash
I thought that was the point of the c stick?

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
It was literally the only main selling point besides the camera in other games

Wont picking out the c-stick void any warranty on the system itself? Glad I never bought a New 3ds, my old 3ds xl is more than enough until Nintendo releases their new handheld/home console next year.
I don't think so. All screws on the New Nintendo 3DS (at least the XL one) are regular screws without stickers so you can perfectly remove the C-Stick without damaging anything, replace it with whatever you want, and at worst put it back before sending your console to Nintendo without them being able to notice you took it apart.
Source: I replaced the C-Stick on two N3DS XL.

The point is to add a stick to the right side of the console without an external device that makes your console three times as thick, such as the Circle Pad Pro. So the C-Stick replaces the CPP in every game that supports the CPP... and it also works in Smash where the CPP didn't, so that's why @Slayerpon Tatsu says it's the main selling point.

Back