New 3rd-Party Controller Designs Announced to Celebrate Mario’s 35th Anniversary

• Thread starter Gram
  • Start date
Gram

Gram

Time to Start the Show
Towns Folk
AF287683-A116-4DE1-A1D4-F505BE840B3F.jpeg

New PowerA and Horipad Mini Controller designs have been announced that celebrate Mario’s 35th anniversary.

The PowerA design features a red and gold color scheme, while the Horipad Mini sports a picture of Mario and Bowser in front of Peach’s Castle.

Anybody planning on picking them up?

Looks neat and might not drift but I don't own any Mario games for the system aside Mario Kart. Most likely no but I'm digging the red and gold. The color really sticks out and the mini just makes me think "cheap" for some reason. Good if I was used to that controller, but I'm not and I might rather ask for the Hori Pokken controller instead if I wanted to support them.

I think they both look very nice! My favorite is the one made by PowerA, as it features iconic staples of the Super Mario Series, featuring iconic stuffs and things from the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES such as the Super Mushroom, Spring, Brick Block, ? Block, Steel Block, POW Block, Starman, Coin, Warp Pipe, and the Flagpole. Also including the Propeller Block from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Mega Mushroom from New Super Mario Bros. all in wonderful, wonderful gold. The gold really complements the Red background, which is nice, as well as the gold text on the buttons and golden shafts on the control sticks.

As for the other controller, it's also really good! Although I'm afraid that it might get stained and ruin the design. The Mario and Bowser renders are good looking renders. In fact, I'd recognize those anywhere! The Mario render is the one from the Revised Club Nintendo version of Mario's Mario Party DS render in 2013, and Bowser's render is from 2015's Mario Party 10. Ez. however, what I don't recognize, is that background. Is that a new render of Peach's Castle? I did a but of research, and it does not resemble Odyssey's depiction of Peach's Castle. The small turrets are nowhere to be seen, and Castle itself, as well as the remaining turrets all look slimmer. It's more akin to.... Super Mario 64's depiction of Peach's Castle if you really think about it. Super Mario 64 Remake soon? :cool:

Back