New Affiliate Program Supporting YouTube will be out for Nintendo

• Thread starter jams3223
  • Start date
jams3223

jams3223

The Task Blanker
Towns Folk
Nintendo is set to launch a new affiliate programme supporting YouTube creators. In a tweet published by the official Nintendo of Japan Twitter account, the gaming giant intends to split advert revenue proceeds with video creators. While there are no clear details on when this will take place, Nintendo is hoping to build bridges between video creators, rather than remove content or monetize solely on videos which contain their IP.

Back in May 2013, Nintendo began claiming ad revenue on specific Nintendo-related YouTube content. Due to the content ID claims issued on a number of videos featuring Nintendo-owned IP, YouTube creators were unable to monetize on their videos. The company previously issued a statement saying it was never their intention to block video creators’ content, but would be monetizing on videos if they featured content of a certain length.

Nintendo is set to launch a new affiliate programme supporting YouTube creators. In a tweet published by the official Nintendo of Japan Twitter account, the gaming giant intends to split advert revenue proceeds with video creators. While there are no clear details on when this will take place, Nintendo is hoping to build bridges between video creators, rather than remove content or monetize solely on videos which contain their IP.

Back in May 2013, Nintendo began claiming ad revenue on specific Nintendo-related YouTube content. Due to the content ID claims issued on a number of videos featuring Nintendo-owned IP, YouTube creators were unable to monetize on their videos. The company previously issued a statement saying it was never their intention to block video creators’ content, but would be monetizing on videos if they featured content of a certain length.

Edited: Well, finally, I understand. If it only concerns Youtubers who gets ad revenue, then that's okay with me.
I thought it would also concern people who put online videos without ads.

Last edited:
This is a positive step. Nintendo has no obligations to divide revenue, and could rightly remove from YouTube any videos featuring their games. The fact that they are putting a program in place to work with those looking to profit from their IP's is good.

so does that mean that sulypwnz, muching orange, cobermani and people like that cant do there videos anymore? or is it just for ads?

this is good move for both Nintendo and YT. At least they will have rights this way. Less issues too.

I'm glad Nintendo finally realized the error of their ways. Youtubers who play these games are giving the games completely free advertisement. Instead of saying "nah, because you make money off our content and give us advertising, we're removing the video" they need to THANK these people. There's one Youtuber in particular, MCGamer, who is a huge Nintendo person. He'll definitely love this.

Back