New Chrono Trigger Game?

• Thread starter joethejrpgmaniac
  • Start date
joethejrpgmaniac

joethejrpgmaniac

The prince of Somnia
Towns Folk
I know that there is a slim chance of it happening, but what would you like to see in it? Would you like 3D or 2D? Wii U or 3DS? Direct Sequel or distant future? If Square were to develop a new CT game what do you want in it?

considering how poorly RPGs are being handled these days, I say let this game remain in it's glory days. If released, keep it in it's sprite form for all systems.

Reactions: dwikrid
considering how poorly RPGs are being handled these days, I say let this game remain in it's glory days. If released, keep it in it's sprite form for all systems.

I don't think it would happens...
And it would be a mobile game with micro-transactions...

Gawd! I love Chrono Trigger and I would like to play a sequel so bad. I want it no matter if it's 3D, 2D, whatever just needs a sequel.

Gawd! I love Chrono Trigger and I would like to play a sequel so bad. I want it no matter if it's 3D, 2D, whatever just needs a sequel.
Yeah Chrono Trigger needs a sequel at least a direct one. I love Chrono Cross but it wasn't until the DS version of Chrono Trigger did they get well linked.

Yeah I agree some of the games that have been releasing lately in some of the main and best saga (RPG) are not seriously being taken seriously anyways I played Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS and I loved it so I hope it will be produced soon

Yeah I agree some of the games that have been releasing lately in some of the main and best saga (RPG) are not seriously being taken seriously anyways I played Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS and I loved it so I hope it will be produced soon
It's a remake of the SNES title and the DS version well improved on it. This is why I mentioned Chrono Cross, because the Dream Devourer and the secret DS dungeons further connected the two games.

It's a remake of the SNES title and the DS version well improved on it. This is why I mentioned Chrono Cross, because the Dream Devourer and the secret DS dungeons further connected the two games.
Oh. no I meant that I hope a game from this saga will come to the 3DS, and yes I enjoyed the DS version very much, it was a great game

I only played Chrono Trigger for the SNES and it literally blew my mind away. Amazing gameplay, great story, decent graphics for the platform, it had it all.

Reactions: Reece
I only played Chrono Trigger for the SNES and it literally blew my mind away. Amazing gameplay, great story, decent graphics for the platform, it had it all.
It truly was an amazing game, and while not quite as good it's PS1 sequel Chrono Cross deserves it's credit. The DS remake is a bit better adding a 13/14th ending, a few new dungeons and further linking Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross with it's new ending. It's a lot cheaper then the SNES version as well so pick it up if you see it online. I got mine at Gamestop's website for 20$.

It truly was an amazing game, and while not quite as good it's PS1 sequel Chrono Cross deserves it's credit. The DS remake is a bit better adding a 13/14th ending, a few new dungeons and further linking Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross with it's new ending. It's a lot cheaper then the SNES version as well so pick it up if you see it online. I got mine at Gamestop's website for 20$.

Wait... 13 or 14 endings?

Wait... 13 or 14 endings?
I wasn't sure at the time of posting but it added a 13th ending. The ending explaining the creation of the Dream Devourer which later grew into the Time Devourer.

I used to own Chrono Trigger for the DS but something happened to it and I sadly wasn't able to finish it. :( I own Chrono Cross however. I find both games to be fun. I think I like Chrono Trigger a bit more though.

Hmm....sounds pretty good actually. What about Chrono Cross? is it good? is it better than the original Chrono Trigger game? If yes then I'll play Cross first.

Hmm....sounds pretty good actually. What about Chrono Cross? is it good? is it better than the original Chrono Trigger game? If yes then I'll play Cross first.
Chrono Trigger is legendary, but I love Chrono Cross more - it's my favorite ever. It's darker and the battle system is quite unique.
You can see my avatar, it's one of the Chrono Cross main characters.

Chrono Trigger is legendary, but I love Chrono Cross more - it's my favorite ever. It's darker and the battle system is quite unique.
You can see my avatar, it's one of the Chrono Cross main characters.
Yeah it's Kid from Chrono Cross right?
It's really up to debate, many fans of Chrono Trigger hate Cross, but I love it and while I can't say it's better then Trigger, it's an amazing game.

It's really up to debate, many fans of Chrono Trigger hate Cross, but I love it and while I can't say it's better then Trigger, it's an amazing game.
Both of them have their own upbringing. We have Magus on Trigger, Lynx on Cross. Time-traveling and parallel world. I won't argue which one is better, but because I finished Cross first (the first RPG I finished in PS1), so the memory of it is strong.

Both of them have their own upbringing. We have Magus on Trigger, Lynx on Cross. Time-traveling and parallel world. I won't argue which one is better, but because I finished Cross first (the first RPG I finished in PS1), so the memory of it is strong.
I don't know about different upbringing, both had their origins on the Super Nintendo. Also have you beaten Chrono Trigger? Because I don't think you can accurately compare Magus to Lynx.

I don't know about different upbringing, both had their origins on the Super Nintendo. Also have you beaten Chrono Trigger? Because I don't think you can accurately compare Magus to Lynx.
I mean different theme.
I'm not comparing since they are on different level; I just want to say that both of them are central and have strong background.

Back