Etrian Odyssey New Etrian Odyssey announced!

• Thread starter Theresia
  • Start date
Theresia

Theresia

Hee-roine
Towns Folk
etrian-odyssey-x-banner.jpg

The Japanese title will be Seikaijuu no Meikyuu X.
The game will feature 19 classes from the past titles and and new class called Hero.
The returning classes will be:
Protector, Ronin, Survivalist, Medic, Gunner, War Magus, Sovereign, Zodiac, Ninja, Farmer, Shogun, Landsknecht, Nightseeker, Arcanist, Imperial, Harbinger, Pugilist and Highlander.

It features a new land to explore, called Lemuria and from the trailer it seems like it will be made of different dungeons, like EOIV.
It will be released in Japan on August 2.

Here's the trailer:

Let's hope for an USA/Europe release!

Reactions: Marc
Saw this announcement live! Seems cool but very complicated party building system. Also I wonder why they named it "X" or "cross" perhaps. I don't think they are jumping from 5 to 10 in roman numerals but if it is named "cross" what is it a crossover with? Every other Etrian Odyssey game's classes? Also this could be confusing if the main series ever got to it's 10th iteration, and that gae might also be called "Etrian Odyssey X"

Heck yes I am excited! Loved the graphical look & changes for quality of life 5 brought.
Though to date, Untold 2 is probably still my favorite in the series. I love that princess!

I think these games are cool (i have played most of the demos) but why are there so many of them? I feel like it would be hard to enjoy every game having slightly different rules, but i guess ill leave it up to the people who have actually played the games to answer my question. Why should one try to keep up with this series, and which game should people start with?

Back