New features you'd like to see in future AC games?

• Thread starter stephaniereed
  • Start date
stephaniereed

stephaniereed

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I think it would be cool to have a sort of underwater world you could visit like the island! The animals there could be like Dolphins, sea turtles, manatees, etc! Maybe you could bring home special furniture and shells. Also if you could buy bikes and skateboard, that would be neat! Having the choice of being either the mayor, town fashion designer, the town chef, etc. Whatever you choose would determine what all you could do in the game. Like if you chose chef, you'd be able to open your own restaurant and expand that rather than building PWP and such. These are just some thoughts I had and wanted to share :p

Reactions: 3823, blinboy and Flutterpawz
NIce idea! I think having a multiple choice of job will make the game better, and it will be like ''customizing your life''. I think the animal crossing series games is still lack of some features, but it is actually great NOW!

I would like it to where you can live in multiple towns.
You can be the mayor of one, and a resident of the others!
That way, there iss more to do, and more stuff to upgrade!
It would make Animal Crossing more addictive, and it would be a nice feature.

Reactions: Flutterpawz
I actually love that concept. I would definitely use it, there would be a LOT more content :D New residents would be nice, but I'm not sure how a Manatee would look like :p I think the idea of having jobs is kind of weird. I think it would be like copying the concept of other games :nailbiting:

I couldn't be more satisfied with these ideas. As much as I love the animal species that they bring out, I kinda want more! Aquatic animals would be perfect (I would also love bats and a red panda).

Part-time jobs are nice features, but imagine full-time jobs! It's a spooky thought, but hey, it's more realistic (and optional)!

Don't mean to sound weird, but I kinda like the thought of having special relationships with animals. Nothing too extreme, like dating extreme, but like a "bestie" relationship. If you had one with a villager, their chance of moving away is extremely unlikely, and they'd give you much better furniture and items, and having a special relationship with a non-villager (i.e Isabelle, Tom Nook), you'd be able to unlock better deals or options, so the amount of "bestie" relationships you could have at one time would be very limited.

I don't know. I'm just rambling at this point. Still love this game like crazy, though!

I tired of picking up stuff, I need more ways to earn moola

More clothing options when making pro designs would be nice. Like making your own pants or even shoes!

I want to be able to refurbish my own furniture like Cyrus does, with the same sort of template as pro designs (when it comes to color palletes and tools)

More villager species would be nice. I like the current ones but it would be nice to see more. Lizards, raccoons, etc.

Similar to what Levi said, I want to have more than one town save file.

More PWP projects.

Just a few of my thoughts

Ugh the one thing I need in this game is DRAMA. I mean, I love the game and all, but after a while, it gets kinda lonely.... Villagers should be built in more depth, with intense emotions and with a whole relationship system, ranging from dating, to best-friendship, to siblings, e.t.c.

The villagers' dialogues should also be expanded, and make the game feel more "in-depth", primarily by getting rid of repetitive dialogue... Adding a feature like a whole relationship complex would be great, with villagers talking and gossiping about others, and live reactions to their surroundings.

Other than that, I think the villager limit should be expanded to 15-20 villagers, and the town project limit should be removed... OH and also the option for town expansions!

~ If these features ever come into this game, it would be the PERFECT simulation game, even better than the sims.... ;)

@Kaidan Expanding the dialogue would be really difficult. Right now it's certain dialogues per personality with some small variables involved, and if they were to try to code individual dialogue for each villager, that might even take years to pull off, and I'm sure Nintendo has other things to work on. I agree certain types of relationships would be nice though, although dating is a bit.....weird o.o

Reactions: Kaidan
I made a thread similar to this in the past, though it was mainly for a future animal crossing on the Wii U. I'll just restate the features I suggested here:

Local Multiplayer -- Hear me out for a second: I know there has already been local multiplayer in previous Animal Crossings, but NEVER has there been local multiplayer for an Animal Crossing on the home console. If one of your siblings or friends wanted to play with you, then they could simply jump right in; making the game go splitscreen.

Connected Towns -- The more save games you have on your copy of Animal Crossing Wii U, the more towns you would be able to travel to locally! Each town - separated by a gate that's easy to pass through by a push of a button. You have the option to prevent your pesky siblings from "modifying" your town on your behalf.

Airplane Transportation -- Trains, Taxis, Buses, and Boats have been the necessities of transportation in the Animal Crossing series. A new source of transportation is in order (especially now that a couple of them have been used in multiple Animal Crossing games). Airplane Transportation wouldn't be needed to travel to towns that are connected to yours.

@Rin You're right, I guess the dialogue option is too far-fetched, but at least relationships should be added... How are dating relationships weird? I don't mean such relationships between villager and mayor or self-created-characters, I mean relationships between villagers themselves, which causes them to move into someone else's house, e.t.c Although, an option for characters playing online should be added such that, characters can start dating, with added bonuses and features, just like the best-friend system, except a little more detailed. Other than that, I'm sure that expanding the town project limit can easily be removed, and expansions can also be brought in without that much of a hassle....

I want to see voice chat added, more options for houses, different chat dialog ..
I wish there was crafting and cooking in a sense, you could go get fruit and say make it into jam and eat it ..
maybe a small little garden outside plant crops kinda thing.. more options on clothes I was hoping DLC would bring in new item sets but never happened... a way to have multiple saves .. on one system.. a way to work for money would be a awesome feature to me.. and more ways to design clothes including pants .. A larger town with more variety, different projects with more realistic spacing guide -_- they got the ball rolling with this game so I hope another comes that improves from this ^-^ one can only hope..

Reactions: Tohru1
I guess that different accounts should have different jobs. Like one bein the mayor, other being the shopkeeper etc. Also, being able to use virbal game chat while doing multiplayer would be great.

I personally would like to see a trading screen to trade clothes, furniture and bells. Also, a universal storage system is convenient, but i often find myself running out of storage, maybe expand the storage system, so dressers, armoires, etc. hold different items.

I agree with Charizard, I think there should be jobs. Like actually running a town, but still focusing on the quieter activities of life. You could go to work for money, and play a cute little minigame based on the job of choice. Be the mail carrier, or the janitor, or even the Mayor, when you get popular enough (though I imagine since it's your town, you're already technically the mayor xD).

Here's a list:

More storage space

Who decided us to give us a small amount of storage space? I've resorted to littering.
I think there should be wardrobe naming and you should be able to organize different ones.

Seperate Area for tools

I can't stress this enough, tools take up too much pocket space. It would be nice if we had a seperate compartment for them.

Different types of Jobs

Like @warbird1500 had said. Different types of jobs. So you could actually earn money rather than resorting to hobo methods.

More events

I want more creative events to be made. I kind of get bored of the same events over and over.

New hairstyles/tools

I only like 2 of the hairstyles from acnl. nuff said :p A new tool could be added like a rake or something ;-;

Reactions: Warbird
Back