Spin Off New Game (Outside Japan)! Detective Pikachu comes to Nintendo 3ds on 3/23/2018

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk

Official Twitter Announcement

So it looks like the 3ds has a game coming out for it (albeit an older one)! Detective Pikachu releases March 23rd this year for north america and the rest of the world. This game is finally releasing outside it's japanese part 1 release two years ago. This is the full, complete version of that game that includes both episode 1 and episode 2.

What are your thoughts on this game?

For me it's quite surprising to see this releasing so late. Also I thought it would have been put in the mini direct but I guess they are focusing more on the switch now as their main console. Anyways the game looks good and I hope episode 2 is great. I also think this might mean we will maybe see a few more games for the 3ds in 2018 before the end of it's life span.

Reactions: Dark Link
I love how Pikachu has suddenly become the Rocket of the Pokémon world. XD

HYPE IS REAL! I’ve always wanted this game since it came out in japan, and now it also get’s a physical release?!? Nintendo I freaking love you

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I'm interested in this game. Definitely very different from the other pokemon games and I'd like to play it. It would give me a reason to turn on my 3ds and play something on it.

Not only am I interested in the game but the detective pikachu amiibo as well. It looks cool albeit simple design because he's a pikachu with a cap.

Plus detective pikachu seems to be pretty popular since he's getting a movie! That makes me all the more tempted to get this game.

The only thing that makes me want to not get the game is that it comes out a week after Kirby Star Allies and Nintendo is taking away all my money so...

I'm curious to try out this game. It seems like it would be something I'd like. The main series Pokemon games are great, but they've put out some good spin-off games, too. Maybe this'll be one of them.

Back