New map ideas for splatoon 3

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So what maps would you want for splatoon 3? Like with new gimmicks and stuff. I would want some new gimmicks such as permanent ink areas. Basically once you ink that area, the opponent can't change the ink color. Or giant fans that lets you glide across the stage.

One thing that would be awesome in splatoon is Nintendo-themed maps. We have Nintendo themed maps in games like mario kart, and nintendo furniture in animal crossing. So why not nintendo themed maps in splatoon? It would work so well. To tie this with the splatoon lore, they could make super smash bros canon. So they make it so that the inkling met tons of new people in smash bros and they go to explore their lands.

I would love a mario or zelda themed map. The mario map would be bright and colorful with tons of mario references everywhere. I think New donk city would be a perfect map for splatoon. It goes along with the modern city vibe of splatoon while incorporating mario into it. And some of the places in new donk city already seem similar to splatoon. Like the electrical lines you travel through can just be replaced with ink rails and the taxis can have mini bounce pads on them so you can jump on them like in odyssey.

A zelda themed map would be a dark one with an evil presence sort of thing. There are so many bright and cheerful areas in zelda but I feel that a ganon's castle map would change things up a bit. The map would have menacing music and it would unlike any of the other maps in splatoon. So the map would be split into two sides. The winning team gets their side to become less gloomy and the sun comes out on their side. So it would be like half bright and half dark map depending on the winning team.

And my last idea is an animal crossing themed map. They should make it so that the map changes from time to time. This would not be used in tournaments at all. But it be more of a casual map. And if you have new horizons save file on your switch, there's a chance that the map will be based on your island. The ever changing map could really spice things up.

Adding all these maps would also mean nintendo themed gear, which I would really like. Well these are my ideas. What are yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil
I know this is a bit below my paygrade but I'd like to see one way walls or vents that alter/vector where the ink gets sprayed and only spray in one direction. That way players have some edge when painting walls rather than look for opponents which can lead to some crazy mindgames. Maybe a reference to New Donk City or F-Zero or Star Fox but I want it to be subtle. Also a way to teleport to other ends of the map (launch pad) and a way to shoot people that's really hard to do but possible whenever they teleport. I think it already has been implemented but not in online play as far as I know.

Reactions: Deepak
Did you guys see the Eiffel Tower upside down in the reveal trailer??? If there isn't a map based around that, I will be severely disappointed. Make it happen Nintendo!

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Did you guys see the Eiffel Tower upside down in the reveal trailer??? If there isn't a map based around that, I will be severely disappointed. Make it happen Nintendo!
I never even thought of that. That would work quite well!

Reactions: Duffy
If you do private matches and try the Splatfest-special stages (there are TONS of special stages) they each have special features. Some are from story mode, (like the ink valves that burst open when attacked) while others are similar and new.

If they make new stages they have tons of concepts and ideas that were barely used/noticed in Splatoon 2.

In the trailer they also showed that the Inkling can pick their landing spot when starting the game. I’m not sure how much of an impact it’ll have, but if it’s a huge amount there could be options for multiple landing platforms on the map. In terms of actual look I’m not completely sure, maybe we’ll get some old maps but in a Post-Apocalyptic / Western World theme.

I really like your idea of Nintendo themed maps. Although I think that idea would work better in Splatfests, rather then having main levels based on other games permanently, it would feel more like a special event. Stages with Nintendo Easter eggs is different though :eyes:

Ultimately I’m really excited to see what maps Splatoon 3 has to offer, it’ll be fun having to learn the new styles and layouts of Splatoon 3 gameplay. :)

One of the idea i had for a stage since the release of splatoon 2 is making a school stage. Like Clownfish Classroom or Atlantic Elementry. Something like that at least. I think it would be a dope idea since we have gotten a literal super market for a stage. We'll see next year when splatoon 3 comes out.

Reactions: Mizunil
Back