NEW MH Game Announced (Generations)

• Thread starter Iridium Winter
  • Start date
Iridium Winter

Iridium Winter

The Competent Ranger
Banned User
(Making a new thread because the other one was mainly speculation)

CcqQqjpXIAAC73c.jpg

So as was speculated, a new Monster Hunter game was announced for the West.
It is the Western version of Monster Hunter X (we're finally getting it!!!)

So what do you guys think of this news?

(I'll be posting trailers and official screenshots, etc. as they come out, however, they will be in spoilers, so if you don't wanna look at them, yet, don't worry about viewing this thread)

CcqDs0pUAAAvNpH.jpg

tumblr_nzskl2ngzs1ssr51lo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzskl2ngzs1ssr51lo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzskl2ngzs1ssr51lo4_1280.jpg

img_monster01.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster03.png

img_monster02.png

img_monster01.png

img_monster04.png

img_monster03.png

img_monster02.png

img_monster01.png

img_main.png

img_main02.png

img_monster03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SoProHunter
Oh god I'm so excited!!!

All I have to say is... *Tobi dance*

Looks cool, but I see a few maps that are in 4U, which kinda' throws me off since I want all new maps lol.

Also, is water-battles coming back :eek:?

Looks cool, but I see a few maps that are in 4U, which kinda' throws me off since I want all new maps lol.

Also, is water-battles coming back :eek:?
I could tell you but it's easier to say do some research for yourself.

Don't ever get your hopes up on water battles coming back.

And to address the other comment: remember, this isn't a new generation, this is a game combining the best of each generation and adding a few features/monsters.

Its a spinoff

Reactions: Iridium Winter
CcqFHWmWoAAi6hG.jpg

CcsMvkZW8AAfSGO.jpg

CdEMIUhWEAA-Nml.jpg

omg ive waited for this so long i really hope underwater battles are making a comeback

omg ive waited for this so long i really hope underwater battles are making a comeback
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
We've already said that they aren't

Some things are back yeah, but even if they come from previous iterations, I can tell you it's still really interesting to play with. They did some great work with new shaders and effects so when you play on Dunes for example, you know the place but you still discover it again :D
Same for monsters. While playing against my first Tetsucabra in MHX I was like "omg light reflections on the back".

Or maybe that's just because I'm a computer science student who did a lot of computer graphics -.-

Some things are back yeah, but even if they come from previous iterations, I can tell you it's still really interesting to play with. They did some great work with new shaders and effects so when you play on Dunes for example, you know the place but you still discover it again :D
Same for monsters. While playing against my first Tetsucabra in MHX I was like "omg light reflections on the back".

Or maybe that's just because I'm a computer science student who did a lot of computer graphics -.-

That's true. :p

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
We've already said that they aren't
Sorry, I know, I wasnt only referring to Monster Hunters Generations, I meant I hope they are making a comeback in future games as well. Sorry, I should have been more specific, my fault.

Sorry, I know, I wasnt only referring to Monster Hunters Generations, I meant I hope they are making a comeback in future games as well. Sorry, I should have been more specific, my fault.
No problem, I assumed you meant for MHX because this is a MHX thread.

I may actually buy this game when my 3ds starts to work again. Looks very cool

Back