New Movesets

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
It's clear that they're modifying the moves of returning characters. For example, Pit has a lot of moves involving weapons he can use in Kid Icarus: Uprising and we don't seem to see any of the three Sacred Treasures now. Also, Zelda now has a move that involves a Zelda-possessed Phantom slashing at an opponent.

What do you think of this change? Any other changes you're hoping/expecting?

I think it's alright but if players disagree there should be a custom moveset feature added where you can make them their original style (like Peach's Up Smash among others) which should be unlockable.

…Also, Zelda now has a move that involves a Zelda-possessed Phantom slashing at an opponent.
Well first off Zelda does NOT have the Phantom Slash, that was an Assist Trophy. The Phantom Slash would have been Zelda's side special attack, which is not, the Din Fire is still there. But other than that, Bowser now punches instead of scratching, and recently he discovered that he has legs, he kicks as his side attack and does a slam kick as a running attack.

…(like Peach's Up Smash among others) which should be unlockable.

Okay that is not her up smash attack, that is her up attack, it's just a redesign that's all.

Well first off Zelda does NOT have the Phantom Slash, that was an Assist Trophy.
You my friend are a liar. It's her down B. Sakurai must've mentioned it in a Miiverse post before showing it in the Direct.
Okay that is not her up smash attack, that is her up attack, it's just a redesign that's all.
So you're saying it's her up tilt? We'll see.

Other new attacks include Olimar's Up-B, Mario's side smash, and Zero Suit Samus's kicking moves.

yeah this will be good :p i hope they add some cool combo moves this time and maybe the pokemon don't only have 4 moves ? :p

You my friend are a liar. It's her down B. Sakurai must've mentioned it in a Miiverse post before showing it in the Direct.
So you're saying it's her up tilt? We'll see.

Other new attacks include Olimar's Up-B, Mario's side smash, and Zero Suit Samus's kicking moves.
That was BEFORE the Super Smash Bros. Direct for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

I hope in the final version of the game, Sakurai will change sonic's moveset at least a little. From what all of the trailers show, Sonic move set is the exact same as the brawl moveset. (90% spindash) It's not that sonic was a bad character, but there was so many missed opportunities for his moveset.

I hope in the final version of the game, Sakurai will change sonic's moveset at least a little. From what all of the trailers show, Sonic move set is the exact same as the brawl moveset. (90% spindash) It's not that sonic was a bad character, but there was so many missed opportunities for his moveset.
What's to say he needs any different Special Moves. But since you mentioned Sonic I think he should have his shield look like one of Sonic's shield power ups.

Well, I for one am excited for Rosalina's Gravitational Pull/Defense, where she either deflect enemies attack or use it as a support to pull items back to her, I'd surely take advantage of that, I'm also excited to see Zero Suit Samus moveset using her boots. The Zelda Phantom summoning also looks cool, I'm so happy that they are taking out Sheik from her Down and B move, and putting something that is really beneficial.

Well, I for one am excited for Rosalina's Gravitational Pull/Defense, where she either deflect enemies attack or use it as a support to pull items back to her, I'd surely take advantage of that, I'm also excited to see Zero Suit Samus moveset using her boots. The Zelda Phantom summoning also looks cool, I'm so happy that they are taking out Sheik from her Down and B move, and putting something that is really beneficial.

I bet Rosalina and Luna & Little Mac will be the hardest characters on the game to master.

I bet Rosalina and Luna & Little Mac will be the hardest characters on the game to master.
Little Mac is hard to master because it requires you to predict an opponents every move while trying to stay on the ground (which would be a challenge when facing opponents with projectiles and long side attacks) which would mean you're going to have to roll and shield and spot dodge.

Rosalina would be hard to master because it's hard to control two characters at once, but it might be easier to play as her than the Ice Climbers because her recovery is not limited if the Luma is gone. Speaking of which I think Rosalina might replace the Ice Climbers to make the game a little bit fairer to play for people who choose to play as 2 characters. But if the Ice Climbers did come it's because they have a big advantage over the others.

Little Mac is hard to master because it requires you to predict an opponents every move while trying to stay on the ground (which would be a challenge when facing opponents with projectiles and long side attacks) which would mean you're going to have to roll and shield and spot dodge.

Rosalina would be hard to master because it's hard to control two characters at once, but it might be easier to play as her than the Ice Climbers because her recovery is not limited if the Luma is gone. Speaking of which I think Rosalina might replace the Ice Climbers to make the game a little bit fairer to play for people who choose to play as 2 characters. But if the Ice Climbers did come it's because they have a big advantage over the others.
I know a lot of people is saying that Rosalina is replacing the Ice Climebers, ONLY because of her manipulation of of Lumas, but her manipulation seems to be harder than Ice Climbers to master, she also has the Gravitational pull/defense. Now, the Ice Climbers are set up so that the two characters act as one. When you press a button, both characters act the same accordingly, but I don't think Rosalina represents the same case, The relationship between Rosalina and Luma, on the other hand, are more like puppet and master, where Rosalina controls the Luma, while she stands alone, there is a lot of differences and I don't want to categorize her as yet, she looks a lot more interesting that the Ice Climbers, also to take in account, in every Smash game, a new character always tend to mimic a character of the older games so yeah, she will have some characteristics of Ice Climbers, but not a lot to call them the same. I'd love to master Rosalina though :)

Ice Climbers are different because Nana echoes whatever Popo is doing. They can chain grab easily and they have a pretty strong physical moveset. They have a basic projectile and only Popo takes damage. Rosalina is more resistant to projectiles but that means she has to counter more physical fighters like Little Mac somehow. I'm not sure if both Luma and Rosalina can grab but I'm thinking it's just the Luma. It reminds me of Olimar back in Brawl because he can control Pikmin and they do the grabbing (and almost everything but the tilt moves and possible the Nair) and he was the strange to play as character from that game (who has to manage in order to attack and his moves are all around very strong or annoying for example his Purple Pikmin Up smash). I wonder if (when the) Ice Climbers show up if they will have a changed moveset to make up for a weakness they might have. They seem like a unique enough character to have in the next Smash (*cough* just like *cough* Ness *cough*)

Ice Climbers are different because Nana echoes whatever Popo is doing. They can chain grab easily and they have a pretty strong physical moveset. They have a basic projectile and only Popo takes damage. Rosalina is more resistant to projectiles but that means she has to counter more physical fighters like Little Mac somehow. I'm not sure if both Luma and Rosalina can grab but I'm thinking it's just the Luma. It reminds me of Olimar back in Brawl because he can control Pikmin and they do the grabbing (and almost everything but the tilt moves and possible the Nair) and he was the strange to play as character from that game (who has to manage in order to attack and his moves are all around very strong or annoying for example his Purple Pikmin Up smash). I wonder if (when the) Ice Climbers show up if they will have a changed moveset to make up for a weakness they might have. They seem like a unique enough character to have in the next Smash (*cough* just like *cough* Ness *cough*)
I agree, even though I disliked the Ice Climbers, I think that they should be in the new SSB4 game, they had a rather unique moveset, and I think a ton of people enjoyed playing with them, as for Ness, a lot of fans are raging to why he isn't announced as yet.

I'm excited to see these new movesets, especially the Three Sacred Treasures final smash. It shows that the game is being updated to better reflect current games and the current status of characters. It would be nice if the old movesets were included as part of the customization efforts so that you could mix and match between old and new.

Back