New nes and snes games coming to switch online (Feb 2021)

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk

So we're getting 3 news snes games and 1 nes game.
Doomsday warrior
This looks like a typical fighting game. Nothing too interesting.

Prehistorik man
This looks like a game i'll definitely try out. I'm not sure if it's a metroidvania or a platformer but you're a caveman that collects fruits. Looks goofy and fun.

Psycho dream
This looks like a fun side scrolling action game. Reminds me a bit of ninja gaiden. Apparently this is this is the first time it's available for u.s.

Fire 'n ice
This looked so familiar. After searching it up, I found out that it's also called solomon's key 2. Solomon's key 1 is already available on switch online so go try that out too!

And japanese people get Shin Megami Tensei 2. I really wish that we get games like smt or fire emblem like they do. What do you think of these additions? Will you be trying any of these?

Reactions: Duffy, Mizunil and Gram
That Fire 'n Ice one looks like a great! Will definitely check out Solomon's Key 1 as well to see the changes/improvements between the two

Reactions: Deepak
Not gonna lie, this feels like Nintendo is trying to dig through their archives trying to see whatever they can scalp up to throw at NES/SNES fans.

Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
Not gonna lie, this feels like Nintendo is trying to dig through their archives trying to see whatever they can scalp up to throw at NES/SNES fans.

It’s a slap in the face when there are so many good games they are rummaging underneath to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: Jisenku
It’s a slap in the face when there are so many good games they are rummaging underneath to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

niNtEnDo said:
yEAh LET'S JUsT Give THE REsT OF the world ThiS tRaSh ANd Give jApan SMT, tHat's GoINg TO gO oVEr WelL

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
They're trying to make it last longer by giving us good games every other update, so that they can say that they're constantly updating switch online while maintaining a mediocre hype for it throughout. Don't like this one bit. It feels a bit like the acnh update situation tbh.

I agree with u 100%. to me, the whole odlschool game library they have rn is kind of lame.

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku
I agree with u 100%. to me, the whole odlschool game library they have rn is kind of lame.
Well...that’s a bit opinionated. Some of the games there are actually good and fun. Like the zelda games,mario games, dk games etc... I just wish we got MORE fun games.

Reactions: phofufury
Well...that’s a bit opinionated. Some of the games there are actually good and fun. Like the zelda games,mario games, dk games etc... I just wish we got MORE fun games.
It's Nintendo... they can do some FUN stuff >:(

Reactions: phofufury
When's SMT 1&2 coming to Americans eh Nintendo! :eyes2:

Imagine growing up as a kid and instead of Street Fighter you got Doomsday Warrior. Also how am I expected to play this on non-CRT televisions? It will never be as authentic as the real thing. Also Psycho Dream doesn't look bad but it isn't digital without subscription which is what I would do if I were Nintendo.

Reactions: Deepak
the first wave of what is likely to be many waves of old games becoming available to play through their online services.
i wasnt around when these games came out amd they are not my cup of tea.
but it is nice to hear that slowly but surely more content is coming to their service in the future.
kind of a bummer that at this time japan is only who get shin megami old games but one can hope that they come outside japan too.

Me waiting for earthbound to come to the online service.

Attachments

• EEeMkSKUEAAg6Bc.jpeg
    EEeMkSKUEAAg6Bc.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
if not at least on the switch they could be holding back on some titles for either future collections similar to the mario one that is expiring later this month at the end of this month , or are going to have it on the next nintendo system that nintendo releases in 5 maybe 6 years estimation from now.
i would be suprirsed if nintendo does not somehow put out more of its fan favorite classics of the nes and snes era of games out on its more modern systems in some kind of way so that newer generations and people who missed out on these oolder games.

Back