"New" Nintendo 3DS and the U.S.

• Thread starter 123inkypenguin
  • Start date

Do you hope that the NN3DS gets released in the United States?

• Total voters
123inkypenguin

123inkypenguin

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Those of you who don't pay much attention to the 3DS models and just are happy to get a game, this is something that you may or may not be interested in. Some of you, as I'm sure, know about the "New" Nintendo 3DS, not to be confused with the "New" Nintendo 3DS XL. This was released in most other countries except one big one: the U.S.. Now I know that some people will say, "But the XL version is bigger and better!" and while that I agree with (to an extent), it still is no excuse for those who prefer the smaller size. To be honest, I'm fine with either. However, part of me would choose the NN3DS over the 3DS XL. You have to admit: the 20th anniversary Pokemon NN3DS looks great! Which brings me to my next point. The only way you can get a U.S. NN3DS is through a small amount of bundles. As a matter of fact, only 2 bundles, them being the Animal Crossing HHD and the Pokemon R/B version. And I'd have no problem with this... but oh wait... THEY'RE SPECIAL EDITION! This is what drives me crazy because I really wanted the Pokemon and Animal Crossing versions but I can't.

Now, it may or may not be the end of the 3DS's life span. With speculation about the NX being portable as well as a home console, that scares not only Wii U owners, but 3DS owners as well. But that's besides the point. NoA, please. Bring the NN3DS to the states before the 3DS starts to die.

I do, I really hope it gets released in the United States even though I don't actually plan on buying it, that being me already having the Nintendo 3ds XL but I'm sure other Nintendo fans would love to get their hands on the smaller New Nintendo 3ds console. So yeah, I hope it gets released in the United States.

If I didn't already own an XL, I'd be even more on board with them bringing it here. But that's not the case, still they should have brought the smaller model right away. It confused me as to why they didn't, as it has much more appeal cosmetically which leads to more sales in a way.

I hope they do bring a standard edition over soon, I completely understand why most want the smaller one, and while yes it's technically available you have to be lucky enough to find one of the special edition models. Regarding size the XL is pretty bulky, but still smaller than the O3DS XL by a decent margin at least which is nice, but I see where the size isn't ideal. It's not exactly easy to carry around. Sure, it fits in my pocket but then nothing else fits. Personally, I like it because of the bigger screens, it feels better and the 3D seems to be more noticeable. Could just be me on that one.

Back