New Nintendo console can be a reality...

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Hints:
1. The E3 site said about a new Nintendo console

2. Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament trademarked in Europe as well. That happened time ago on USA.

3: Nintendo registered a series of “Advance” trademarks in Japan last month. “Advance”, “Advance Series”, “Advance Touch”, and “Advance Push” were all filed for on April 4.

Trademarks can be a tricky case, as they’re not always used. It’ll be interesting to see if any of these names resurface in the future.

3DS advance? Maybe a console able to play Wii U and 3DS games?

My bet would be 3DS Advance. Or just DS Advance...

I doubt that...
My bet would be 3DS Advance. Or just DS Advance...
All I can think of is a 3DS with longer battery life, :panda:

Unless it turns out to be a very reasonably-priced console, and actually gets a lot of start-up support from third party developers, I think a new console would be shooting Nintendo in the foot. The 3DS was a flop until they dropped the price considerably, and as far as numbers are concerned, the Wii U is still a failure. Not enough outside support for either console made their starts very, very rocky.

And honestly, I got into the Wii and the 3DS late compared to most. I bought my Wii in mid-2010, and to this day there's only one game on it that holds my interest. My 3DS was bought a little closer to release, but still around a year after the price drop, because before then it was too expensive and lacked software I cared about.

Ideally, if they were to release a new handheld, I would love it if they went back to their DS roots; no region lock. That has really turned me off of Nintendo lately, as a lot of the games I'd really love to play are restricted to Japan and America. I'm an avid Rune Factory/Harvest Moon fan, for example. I've played every Rune Factory game aside from 4, because they cancelled its Europe release. Similarly, I've played every Harvest Moon ever. But with the region lock on the 3DS, I'm shut out of Rune Factory 4, and many other seemingly brilliant games, until someone comes up with a 3DS emulator for the PC because I find it unethical to expect people to purchase different-region consoles if they want to play something. My opinion on it is simple. If you do not make your product easily accessible to me, do not complain when I pirate it. If you release it here I will gladly hand over money for it. Heck, I could even be tempted into buying a new iteration of the 3DS if the region lock was removed from it.

I think I went off on a tangent there...

Oh, if region-lock was removed, it would be a dream come true... :angelic:I don't know why, but Nintendo region-locked local multiplayer in a few games (including MK7 and NSMB2). What's the point of this. It doesn't have any sense! :rage:

3: Nintendo registered a series of “Advance” trademarks in Japan last month. “Advance”, “Advance Series”, “Advance Touch”, and “Advance Push” were all filed for on April 4.
I think it's Gameboy Advance Virtual Console, on the 3DS, that's all I can honestly think of. "Advance Series" A series of GBA games being announced on the 3DS, "Advance Touch" GBA games being on a touch screen device (3DS).

For some reason, I don't think there will be new hardware, Nintendo isn't that off-topic. If there will be new hardware, I'd be seriously surprised and a bit angry, because I bought this 3DS in December :hilarious:

I'm not too sure what to make of this. 3DS Advance would probably be the best guess, I doubt they'll go making a brand new handheld or console so soon after the 3DS and WiiU were released.

I can't really explain why, but for some crazy reason, I expect for this to be something related to mobile phone gaming.

I'm not too sure what to make of this. 3DS Advance would probably be the best guess, I doubt they'll go making a brand new handheld or console so soon after the 3DS and WiiU were released.

I can't really explain why, but for some crazy reason, I expect for this to be something related to mobile phone gaming.

Mobile?

For some reason, I don't think there will be new hardware, Nintendo isn't that off-topic. If there will be new hardware, I'd be seriously surprised and a bit angry, because I bought this 3DS in December :hilarious:

Example of that when happened: DSi

maybe they plan to make more Advance Wars games.

Reactions: QuanChi
Hints:
1. The E3 site said about a new Nintendo console
2. Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament trademarked in Europe as well. That happened time ago on USA.
3. Nintendo registered a series of “Advance” trademarks in Japan last month. “Advance”, “Advance Series”, “Advance Touch”, and “Advance Push” were all filed for on April 4.

Trademarks can be a tricky case, as they’re not always used. It’ll be interesting to see if any of these names resurface in the future.

Not some new hardware now! My wallet's not ready ( :D) ! As for the Advance thing, same as @Reece, that would be a dream if it could be collection of GBA games stored on a 3DS cartridge.

Pokken Tournament/Fighters ? What's this ? A mix between Tekken and Pokémon (I couldn't help, sorry, it looked too obvious, though I doubt that's it) ? :hilarious:

As Trinikirby said, that would be good if they could make an accessory or something like this that can finally end the tyranny of the Region-Lock. I hate it too, and that's the only regret I have toward Nintendo.

maybe they plan to make more Advance Wars games.

I hope so. That series is long over-due for another installment.

Example of that when happened: DSi
If Nintendo plans to do something like that, I'd be really unsatisfied. But I doubt they will, I don't think they are that clueless to upgrade into hardware so early. I'm hoping that we get GBA VC on the 3DS, it's been wanted by so many people (including me).

If Nintendo plans to do something like that, I'd be really unsatisfied. But I doubt they will, I don't think they are that clueless to upgrade into hardware so early. I'm hoping that we get GBA VC on the 3DS, it's been wanted by so many people (including me).

Maybe a 3DS with more power and battery and the Circle Pad Pro? I would like that one.

Maybe a 3DS with more power and battery and the Circle Pad Pro? I would like that one.
I would really like that, so that means they'd incorporate the Circle Pad feature in a more games. But, I don't think that would be a huge improvement that would make me upgrade into this new hardware, it still would be nice though.

So, finally, I guess that we'll be still getting new hardware in some way, with Nintendo deciding to exploit the NFC feature of the WiiU, and in 2015, the 3DS. But no console, fortunately. It would be too soon for Nintendo to do another next-gen console.

So, finally, I guess that we'll be still getting new hardware in some way, with Nintendo deciding to exploit the NFC feature of the WiiU, and in 2015, the 3DS. But no console, fortunately. It would be too soon for Nintendo to do another next-gen console.

Did you read the last articles?

http://3dspedia.com/details-nintendos-investor-briefing-5714/

Iwata: we are preparing for next generation hardware as always, when will it release? Difficult to declare

Did you read the last articles?

http://3dspedia.com/details-nintendos-investor-briefing-5714/

Iwata: we are preparing for next generation hardware as always, when will it release? Difficult to declare

Yeah, but what I meant, was that they won't release it now, or chances are really few to know more about the next generation of gaming console. The WiiU and the 3DS are still too young.

Yeah, but what I meant, was that they won't release it now, or chances are really few to know more about the next generation of gaming console. The WiiU and the 3DS are still too young.

It really isn't that too far fetched for the next gen handheld, 3DS was revealed when DS was 6, and 3DS gonna be 4 years in about 10 months. I'm really ready for anything tbh

Maybe the 3DS Advance (if it came up) would be an add on that allows you to play GBA games by putting a GBA cartridge in something that goes into the 3DS card slot (or a new handheld altogether). "Advance Touch" would be like the New Play control games like on the Wii (hmm... Wii games on a handheld would be interesting). The "Advance Series" could be anything (3D GBA games?, something else?). There should be a handheld that plays GCN games I think but we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: D4rkDragon and BjFauble
Maybe the 3DS Advance (if it came up) would be an add on that allows you to play GBA games by putting a GBA cartridge in something that goes into the 3DS card slot (or a new handheld altogether). "Advance Touch" would be like the New Play control games like on the Wii (hmm... Wii games on a handheld would be interesting). The "Advance Series" could be anything (3D GBA games?, something else?). There should be a handheld that plays GCN games I think but we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe an accessory for connecting the Wii U and the 3DS?

It really isn't that too far fetched for the next gen handheld, 3DS was revealed when DS was 6, and 3DS gonna be 4 years in about 10 months. I'm really ready for anything tbh

It's more likely the new hardware thing is the NFC stuff they revealed on their Japanese site, being showed this e3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back