New Nintendo Handheld Console Discussion Board

• Thread starter milesose
  • Start date
M

milesose

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Welcome to the New Nintendo Handheld Console Discussion Board or NNHCDB for short. I'm suprised @Marc didn't make this first.

As you may know there are rumors of a new Nintendo handheld console named 'DS Fusion'. Release dates aren't fixed and unknown. Post everything about DS Fusion or new Nintendo handhelds whatsoever. I hope me and @Marc will update this with news.

This is a quick design I made, I called it "Razor Fusion", although I prefer its imaginary codename: "Razorblade"

lTDgkfF.jpg

Nintendo’s next-gen consoles are the Fusion DS and Fusion Terminal, report claims - Geek

"Fusion DS

• CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
  • COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
  • 2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
  • Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
  • Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
  • 2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
  • Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
  • 2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
  • Multi-Array Microphone
  • A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
  • 3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
  • NFC Reader
  • 3G Chip with GPS Location
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
  • 16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
  • Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
  • SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
  • Mini USB I/O
  • 3300 mAh Li-Ion battery
Fusion Terminal

• GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
  • CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
  • Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
  • MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
  • 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
  • 2 USB 3.0
  • 1 Coaxial Cable Input
  • 1 CableCARD Slot
  • 4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
  • Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
  • 1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
  • Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
  • Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
  • Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage" - vg247

Reactions: Heart
That's a cool design you made, the sliding control panels on each side would be neat.

I hope this isn't another like system but just an upgrade. I kinda just got my XL so ima be sad either way lmao. Fusion sounds like they are combining something, mayb they are making the it more suitable to be used as a second controller for the wii u!

That's a cool design you made, the sliding control panels on each side would be neat.

I hope this isn't another like system but just an upgrade. I kinda just got my XL so ima be sad either way lmao. Fusion sounds like they are combining something, mayb they are making the it more suitable to be used as a second controller for the wii u!

I feel the same way. I really don't feel like having to buy a new thing.

As much as i like to see a new console, it is nowhere near the end of the 3DS's lifespan, and it would be bad news if Nintendo were to make a new console before the end of the 3DS's lifespan. The service quality would be focused more on the new console, rather than the prexisting device.

A new Nintendo handheld without two screens...? I'll need adaptation, even though I own a GBA:SP...
Also, the idea you made is nice, but I think that we should still get two screen. The touch screen would be hard to reach sometimes.
And finally, if the hardware get confirmed, I'll just say one thing. Dat hardware.

I'm expecting their next actual handheld to come out in 2016, but any revisions to the current 3DS could come up at any time. They'd had a new handheld design every year since the DSi in 2009, no reason to stop now.

I really don't want another 3D system tbh, I don't use it and from what I've seen, most people don't use it much either. Although an HD screen is a given.

I like your idea for the slideable sides, I think that'd be cool. Although for the next handheld I kinda want clickable joysticks, (especially if rumors of their next handheld being Wii U/Wii 3 compatible come to fruition) but that wouldn't really work with slideable sides.

All I know is I like giving money to Nintendo for stuff I don't need.

that's a neat vision/design. Nice work coming up with it. xD

anyways...another handheld? already? The 3DS is still going strong. Ohhhh, HD screen! but only one screen, how will that work? Cool name too, DS Fusion! good luck to Nintendo. xD

Back