New Pokémon Movie emerges

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
It’s been less than a week since the new Detective Pikachu trailer, but I guess Game Freak really likes going movies. :redpanda:

The new Pokémon movie, titled ”Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution” will be coming out sometime this year or next year. I still can’t believe they’re making another one when the first Pokémon related movie hasn’t even released yet, but cool, I guess. :p It’s also worth noting that this is Japanese only at the time of writing this. The international version will be announced at a later date, according to The Pokémon Company.

Any of you guys excited? :eyes:

Reactions: Yumi Chi
Art style is kinda meh but I'll watch it.

Also, Ash and his friends look absolutely hilarious. They look like little clay figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was a game I could see it being remade but NOPE this is a movie with it's sequel in the title so I only expect it to be a hurried version of the other two movies. I like the 2D animated version better but that's because I'm used to it more from watching all the old Pokémon shows on the VHS and I haven't seen anything clever done with this style yet.

This has actually been announced since last year, but regardless I think it's going to be interesting. As much as I enjoyed the First Movie, it takes a bit of effort to piece together the prologue that was cut out from international releases of the movie. At least this way, they'll have a second chance of releasing the movie plot in its entirety, as well as expand upon anything else that you can find in supplementary material (e.g. the Audio Drama of Jessie's mother trying to catch Mew in the Andes Mountains, only to fail and perish in a blizzard.)

Honestly think all the Pokemon look really good. ...Couldn't say the same for the humans characters though. I don't know, maybe it's because of how plastic they look. .-.

It’s a CGI version of the first movie. I already seen first movie. So unless they add stuff the first movie didn’t have I don’t think I see it.

It doesn't look too bad. Maybe there'll be a decent fight scene in it.

It's out on Netflix so did anyone watch it? :eyes:

I WATCHED THIS MOVIE & I loved it! It made everything better in 3D also more sad!

i have seen the original way more times then I can count & this version is way better, it looks better, more prettier, more wow with the graphics & effects, I went in wary as I don’t like movie remakes as much especially with too much change, but this was stunning, if the scene in the original made u cry they will make u cry again even more. being remade in 3D was the best thing for this movie ! Hopefully they can do the same to Pokemon the movie 3 spell of the unown.
579D376F-9759-4B40-AE24-5D5CAF3A2E5D.jpegB42523DF-3346-45D3-8206-C87001123F56.jpeg71664BA1-7AB4-41D1-937F-F09BBB8A6711.jpegFA7BBA82-7997-4F7C-84DC-E13E33D8509A.jpeg7CB7AECF-2E65-4577-8172-8762F60CAFFD.jpeg

I didn't hear about it until I saw it in Netflix.

My initial reaction was of great confusion. I didn't really know what to make of it since there didn't seem to be any reason to remake the movie. I didn't know what to make of the animation style either, since it was new to see the human characters animated as well. I'll have to give it a watch later.

Back