New rumour claims Nintendo will release older 3D Mario games remasters and a new Paper Mario in 2020

• Thread starter Big Yoshi
  • Start date
Big Yoshi

Big Yoshi

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/30/nintendo-is-making-3d-mario-remasters-for-his-35th-anniversary/

Sorry for trying to rickroll you guys

According to the rumour, Nintendo will release remasters of Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy as part of Super Mario's 35th anniversary celebrations. Though it is unclear whether it will release the games as a collection or as separate games (my bet is they'll be seperate, because it's Nintendo), they are set to release this year. A Super Mario 3D World Deluxe version is also likely.

Also set to release this year, is a new Paper Mario game returning to the series' roots. As I never played Paper Mario, I can't elaborate on whether the return to the roots is good or not (I've heard the new games weren't good), but it's still good news for Mario RPG/Paper Mario fans.

Nintendo will also reveal new details about Illumination's Mario movie and Universal's Super Nintendo World.

The only problem I can think of is that I'm not sure how Sunshine's trigger can work, but I guess they can make a solution for this (considering it's real). It all seems very likely to me (but I don't want to be disappointed, so I don't get my hopes too high).

What do you think about this? Do you think it's real, or is it an April's Fools joke?

• Informative
Reactions: Yumi Chi and SmugWolff
What do you think about this? Do you think it's real, or is it an April's Fools joke?

It's too early still for april fools lmao

This has some incredibly strong backing to it, and also is just likely in general. It's basically just as close to being confirmed as you can get without it being from Nintendo's mouths directly. It's a news outlet that's confirmed it, it's not just some random person.

I'd very much love to have all 3 of them more accessable. I can't wait to see how the mario speedrunning scene evolves when these come out as 64 especially is one of the classic speedrunning games. I'd certainly hop on into the action myself after learning Odyssey on all 3!

I've played Galaxy 2 and Sunshine so I think if there was a separate remake for 64 I'd try it and pray I can play as more characters than just Mario. It's crazy however from what I've seen from the hacks for the game which may be just as entertaining so if Nintendo made their own mods/Amiibo functions then I'd probably play it over Odyssey because it's one of those classics I never got to play aside from Throwback Galaxy which is a very slim amount of the whole game.

I hope the rumors are true, Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game and is still one of my favourite GC games. I really wanna play it on my switch.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE I loved Sunshine on Gamecube I’ll admit I never could finish it too hard but it was fun! Loved the style & features & maybe bringing it to Switch will bring a easy assist mode o.o

Reactions: SmugWolff
As wild as this rumor seems to me, especially releasing several remasters, I'd believe it. I'd love to play galaxy again on the switch, and I'd finally get around to playing sunshine. A new version of 3D World would also be great, as its a game more people should get a chance to play.

But now its time for the best part. A Paper Mario game returning to its roots would be some of the best news I've heard in a long time. I adore Paper Mario on the N64, and would be ecstatic to see the return of the mechanics from that game. It could also be the game to return the PM franchise to its former glory!

to good to be true, specially because of the paper mario part
i hope its true through

to good to be true, specially because of the paper mario part
We don’t have any new holiday titles yet though, and this would likely give us a few

We don’t have any new holiday titles yet though, and this would likely give us a few
This really is the biggest supporting point for me. Nintendo knows fans would love to cash in on nostalgia, and doesn't have much lined up for the end of the year. Those two things combined make this a solid strategy.

As a Nintendo fan, I'm ready to cash in on nostalgia as well. hmu with these remasters. I'll be ready to download them day 1.

Paper Mario was confirmed, but that could have just been a coincidence. Three games (maybe four) with completely different engines being released in the same year, seems unlikely, but hey who knows? I’m keeping my expectations low, but I’ll pleasantly surprised if it’s true.

I would love to have Mario Sunshine, as that was one of the games I loved when I had the GameCube! It would also be cool if they bring Super Mario 64!

We already now have a new paper Mario game out so the rest of this could be true. I'm most excited to see galaxy or maybe sunshine get remastered for the switch. Other than that I'm intrigued to see what they come up with next. However it could be a possibility that games are delayed due to covid 19. It's a shame but safety is more important. I wish for Nintendo the best during this challenging time.

Looking at this now, the rumour was surprisingly accurate. The only thing that wasn't announced was the Mario Illumination movie, and with the pandemic it's understandable that they don't want to detail it yet.

Reactions: James and Jisenku
Back