Ultimate New smash bros character prediction

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So we will be getting a new character revealed in the nintendo direct tomorrow. So time to make some predictions! I really want someone like professor layton or Phoenix wright but they seem unlikely.

I think it’s either gonna be Crash bandicoot (to promote crash bandicoot 4 for switch) or a character from monster hunter (to promote the upcoming monster hunter rise). Who do you think it will be and why?

Reactions: Duffy, Mizunil, phofufury and 1 other person
Would be cool if they added in a Hollow Knight character but I feel it'll be Monster Hunter or Crash Bandicoot.

Reactions: Mizunil, phofufury, AricAttack and 1 other person
I think the most likely would be Crash Bandicoot. The Monster Hunter character could come in, but it seems unlikely. Tbh though, idk if they have a good character roster. Imo, i love the Street Fighter characters (Ryu and Ken) because i love that series. I also like how they have Snake, I always used him in Brawl. But other than that, its the same and others who i don't prefer. Ig i don't prefer some of them because i havnt played their games or don't really care for their games.

Reactions: Deepak and Duffy
Would be cool if they added in a Hollow Knight character
Hollow Knight would be so cool but unlikely, it might get a mii skin at most I think

I was legit planning on saying Steve from Minecraft as a meme but I forgot he’s actually in the game

Reactions: Deepak and Marc
Definitely Jack Frost. He's in so many ATLUS games it's crazy and he'd be way more fun to use than Joker.
Spyro. If it's Crash that'll be close enough and I would actually see it coming because of that one leak of Bowser's Fury on that other thread.

Now if someone from Fraymakers shows up as a playable character you know someone is ready to deserve praise.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Crash is my official guess (put my predictions in the Nintendo Direct thread). To be honest it's not a great guess, because the characters are always so hard to predict and crazy. Spyro has a chance, Master Chief has a chance. Those two are about the only ones that I think wouldn't be a huge surprise. I'll be happy with anybody but honestly there isn't much too many huge contenders this time around. Any of these characters will be surprising and fun in my opinion... BUT I STILL THINK GENO WOULD BE HYPE AF!!

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
It could be a character from zelda too. It would be to celebrate the 35th anniversary. If Nintendo is ok with giving us another fire emblem character (byleth), i'm pretty sure they would be ok with giving us another zelda character. Or maybe even a pokemon from sword/shield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil and Duffy
It could be a character from zelda too. It would be to celebrate the 35th anniversary. If Nintendo is ok with giving us another fire emblem character (byleth), i'm pretty sure they would be ok with giving us another zelda character. Or maybe even a pokemon from sword/shield.
I love this idea! Who do you think the character would be? Impa maybe?

Reactions: Deepak
I love this idea! Who do you think the character would be? Impa maybe?
Impa seems like a good pick. Maybe young impa from age of calamity. Personally I would want one of the evil characters. Like maybe vaati or Ghirahim. Or I would want one of the non-human species. Like a goron or a zora. Maybe one of the champions from botw. But it would be hard for them to pick one out of 4 because all 4 of the champions are equally important.

Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
Impa seems like a good pick. Maybe young impa from age of calamity. Personally I would want one of the evil characters. Like maybe vaati or Ghirahim. Or I would want one of the non-human species. Like a goron or a zora. Maybe one of the champions from botw. But it would be hard for them to pick one out of 4 because all 4 of the champions are equally important.
The champions could be a really good pick. I'd rather see Vaati then Ghirahim but I think both are unlikely, Ghirahim moreso. We do need more villains in smash though

It's gonna be Neptune, solely because hers is the announcement which would annoy the most people, which is both my ideal of fun in regards to new fighters as well as the general direction Sakurai seems to be heading in right now.

Reactions: Duffy
I wish they would add Cammy, she's the person I use in Street Fighter games, and is my favorite from the series.

I have an odd feeling it’s gonna be Pyra and Mythra. :pepe:

• Funny
I have an odd feeling it’s gonna be Pyra and Mythra. :pepe:
But they are spirits! Deconfirmed!!!
/s

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
its quite hard sometimes to think of a good guess for dlc characters , as not always aware of the most relevanet characters in japan that have switch games or is getting one soon.
they would have to be from games that are quite popular.
while some may be from game not on switch like sephiroth and cloud , most of the time they are not.
rayman , shantae , sora and maybe reimu could have a chance but no holding breath for em , the last two could be from games we not aware of yet for switch coming out in future.

If not Spyro or Crash at least Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden has the best chance since he's been with Nintendo consoles since the NES and that's saying something. Being in one of the more fast paced action-platformers as well as the Switch and when the Master Collection comes out that will be all the more perfect timing.

Reactions: phofufury
i think it will be pyra and mythra

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury
Back