New Subscription coming to the Switch - InkyPen

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk

When I first saw the title for this, I thought it was going to be some drawing app, or drawing based game.

InkyPen is a subscription service which allows you to read thousands of US and EU comic books as well as apparently manga? I can't seem to find out much about this, their site isn't very helpful, and their social media is quite bare. But the price is 7.99€ / 7.99$ per month apparently (Not quite sure how that one works..).

Their Mascot "Inky" is quite cute though ^^
sKtbs8R.png

So, is anyone going to subscribe to this? I probably wont, though I wouldn't mind trying to find a list of what you do get access to when you subscribe. It's apparently the first worldwide app to come out on the switch, and it's going to be Switch exclusive.​

Reactions: AricAttack and Samster
That’s pretty neat. If it has manga too ill look into it. I still really wanna read the forgotten neverland.
Its cool that its a switch exclusive worldwide thing. Really jumping on a big opportunity here.

Wait, it has manga? *forks money over without any concern whatsoever This looks really cool. If they have some decent manga on there, I'll seriously consider getting this, especially right after a friend got me addicted to manga. :p

I thought it was some drawing thing too and not a manga and comic book thing. Looks pretty cool.

I'll only consider it if it has manga. I'm not really a comic person tbh. Even if it does have manga though I do have a perfectly good app on my phone for that

Seems like a pretty good idea, I think avid manga readers will really make the most of it. Inky is so adorable! I thought the mascot was gonna be related to Splatoon in some way (Because of the name), Until I opened the spoiler. xD

As for me, I probably won't purchase subscription because I don't really remember the last time I even read manga. Even so, I would much rather read it for free online, If I did. Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

Seems a lit pricey, in my opinion. Maybe they'll introduce longer options (6 months or a year) later down the line. I think it should be around £3 monthly, At the cheapest (as it stands).

Sounds like a good option for those who enjoy reading on the go, though I still prefer reading good old comic books.
I was reading a couple of other forums and people seem to be really excited about the possibility of reading mangas on this app. I hope they get it.
As for the cost, it's a bit pricey for me, I'd rather save my money and subscribe to the forecoming Nintendo Online service.

It seems ok ,but it would be better if they released Pokémon Manga many Pokémon fans would subscribe immediately because most of the Pokémon manga books are too expensive to buy so probably if they added some it would be interesting to read and maybe I would subscribe.

Just bumping this thread to let everyone know that InkyPen just released today! Anyone who’s interested in buying the subscription, you can head to the eShop today!

I honestly might grab it if I have some spare cash, there’s some manga that I’ve really had my eye on recently. :redpanda:

Reactions: AricAttack
Back