New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe has finally launched, and tbh, I’m a little disappointed. :/

06B1EA20-521A-4FF9-ACD7-2E5832D991DA.jpeg

Nintendo is charging a whopping $60 for this game, and they added nothing new to the game, besides Peachette and Toadette, which are specifically targeted at beginners to the series. IMO, they’re just shoveling out way too many ports, and this is just honestly ridiculous. However, I loved this game on the Wii U, so I might buy it, mainly for the portability of the game, and to relive a classic.

What about you guys? Planning on getting this game?

Reactions: P2.0 and AricAttack
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe has finally launched, and tbh, I’m a little disappointed. :/

View attachment 19056

Nintendo is charging a whopping $60 for this game, and they added nothing new to the game, besides Peachette and Toadette, which are specifically targeted at beginners to the series. IMO, they’re just shoveling out way too many ports, and this is just honestly ridiculous. However, I loved this game on the Wii U, so I might buy it, mainly for the portability of the game, and to relive a classic.

Honestly if it’s the same as the old game with slightly improved graphics and a couple new characters is it really that worth it?

Reactions: Samster
Honestly if it’s the same as the old game with slightly improved graphics and a couple new characters is it really that worth it?
I don’t think it’s worth $60 at all. I might wait for a price reduce, but I doubt that’s going to happen, considering how rare it is for Nintendo puts these kind of games on sale.

But maybe not, cause I’d like to revisit this game.

View attachment 19056

Yeah, actually. xD We actually missed the other port on Wii U, and this seems like it's a lot of fun. Though I can understand why some would think otherwise. :'D They could've added a couple more new things to it to make it feel more different than Wii U, like maybe secret levels or something.
Dunno, that's my two cents. :p

Yeah, actually. xD We actually missed the other port on Wii U, and this seems like it's a lot of fun. Though I can understand why some would think otherwise. :'D They could've added a couple more new things to it to make it feel more different than Wii U, like maybe secret levels or something.
Dunno, that's my two cents. :p
Knowing Nintendo, they probably didn't, lol

I'm not dissing the game at all, I'm just saying that it might not be worth it if you've already bought the Wii U version of the game. But, if you've never played the game before, then definitely buy it, as it's a really fun game. Gosh darnit, now I'm making myself want to buy it. :p

Reactions: P2.0 and AricAttack
This is a game I'm going to get, but I will wait for a price drop.

I, like many many switch owners, love the wii u ports, because it gives me new games! I never played any of the wii u ports, so personally I say keep them coming.

but...

60$ is still very expensive for a port. I am waiting on price decreases for a lot of these games that I want to play, but don't want to spend full price on. (Dark Souls 1, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and now NSMBU dx).

This game should go down in price soon anyway, it'll ship a couple million units easily, and then hopefully the secondary market will become saturated with used copies.

This is a game I'm going to get, but I will wait for a price drop.

I, like many many switch owners, love the wii u ports, because it gives me new games! I never played any of the wii u ports, so personally I say keep them coming.

but...

60$ is still very expensive for a port. I am waiting on price decreases for a lot of these games that I want to play, but don't want to spend full price on. (Dark Souls 1, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and now NSMBU dx).

This game should go down in price soon anyway, it'll ship a couple million units easily, and then hopefully the secondary market will become saturated with used copies.
I completely agree that $60 is a bit too much, even for me. I'm till deciding on whether to wait for a price driop or not, because I LOVED this game on the Wii U, and the fact that it's now a portable game makes me want it even more.

Maybe I'll wait, maybe I won't. We'll see. :p

Reactions: Duffy and AricAttack
Another thing is that, if 4 people are playing than one person will be stuck on a sorta easy mode with toadette instead of everyone being able to play normally.

I haven't played this on the Wii U but since I haven't seen this being too different from Super Mario Maker 2 aside from maybe a round rotating part on the ground or boss fights (which I doubt won't be in SMM2), I'd only get this over the one that's coming out if I wanted the game to be easier if Nabbit isn't playable in SMM2 and if I don't want to make the levels. Since there's more online features in SMM2 so I'd just wait for that instead because I like online features.

Back