New switch games rated in Taiwan

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
Recently, some unannounced switch games have been given ratings in Taiwan. These include: "The great ace attorney chronicles", "Secret neighbor", "Snowrunner", and "Tales from borderland". There's no other information regarding release date or price. Are you excited for any of these games? I'm looking forward to the ace attorney game.
Screenshot 2021-02-14 at 1.26.40 PM.png

Reactions: Gram
I’m happy to see more Ace Attorney games ported to the Switch. I never had a 3DS, so I missed out on a good amount of them. Some of my favorite DS games were the Phoenix Wright titles.

Reactions: Alex and Deepak
Not surprised they are likely to part the great ace attorney games. Probably won't have english though.

Reactions: Deepak
i met some people in school who liked ace attorney games a lot and played the, during lunch at school , however i was not their friend , just anpeer who happen to see the, a few times play the games and listened to how they were passionate about the games.
i bet they would be happy to hear this news but it is just nice for me.
i like ace attorney but not a huge fan.
the news overall is nice.
maybe yukaedeno might like these games if he as a switch but he is most likely too busy with art commissions and other tasks to play those games. yuakaedeno is a artist who lives in taiwan who i am a huge fan of , we both like kiryuu coco. i understand that likely no one here knows that yukaedeno exists and might have confused anyone here by bringing him up but if these games come out in taiwan first then a person i know would have a chance “yukaedeno” to play these games before any of us would , if he plays video games that is.

Never played Ace Attorney before... isn't Tales From Borderlands already available on another system? Isn't it a spin-off? I can't really remember, I always wanted to play Borderlands but I still never got the trilogy that came to switch.

As for the other two, SnowRunner and Secret Neighbour, the former sounds like it could be a new IP or perhaps mobile* game - remember that fad of runner mobile games from ages ago, like Temple Run and Subway Surfers? I believe Sonic tried to cash in on it as well, maybe Mario but that's debatable if Mario Run was a true runner game.

Secret Neighbour definitely reminds me of that Hello Neighbour game they released once. Maybe a sequel or something? Name is too similar to be anything otherwise, I'd say. Could be wrong but it definitely sounds very similar to me.

*By mobile, I'm imagining it could be one of those games that gets on the Switch as well as mobile, like some of the other F2Ps Nintendo has brought out.

Secret Neighbour definitely reminds me of that Hello Neighbour game they released once. Maybe a sequel or something? Name is too similar to be anything otherwise, I'd say. Could be wrong but it definitely sounds very similar to me.
Secret Neighbour is from the same developers as Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild) https://www.secretneighbor.com/ and is based in the same universe. Think Among Us but the imposter is one of the players that can transform into the Neighbor and eliminate one of the teammates. It's $20 on Steam, so probably will be the same price on Switch.

Secret Neighbour is from the same developers as Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild) https://www.secretneighbor.com/ and is based in the same universe. Think Among Us but the imposter is one of the players that can transform into the Neighbor and eliminate one of the teammates. It's $20 on Steam, so probably will be the same price on Switch.

Alright, so it looks like games are going to cash in on Among Us success now, like they did with Fortnite? Guess it's disappointing it's not an actual sequel but it's not like I ever played the original game anyway. As for the Among Us trend, at always annoys me when other developers make cash-ins like this, but I suppose it's inevitable. It will be interesting to see the eventual Mario cash grab, I suppose.

This means SnowRunner would be the last unknown title on this list. The others are quite obviously Ace Attorney and Borderlands games. SnowRunner? Nobody knows. As I said, it sounds like a runner game like the old trend, but that fad has long since died so I'd doubt it. What else? Well, the name sounds like a pun on "showrunner" so-

...Nope, not at all. Just found out it's apparently another port. Kind of surprising, since this was the only one on the list I've never heard of before, looks like it came out a year ago and must've been quickly forgotten about because I can't seem to find much on it. Had anyone else heard about this or was it really nothing more than a forgotten game? Doesn't look AAA or anything like most of the other games here. In fact, it looks like some kind of simulator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SnowRunner

Which, to me knowledge, means the Ace Attorney game would be the only unknown game here. Or is this another port? I really don't know, I'd clearly never heard of SnowRunner before so I've clearly not been paying much attention to game news this past year. Well, at least, I hope these games will be something of interest. But I'm not expecting much from SnowRunner.

Alright, so it looks like games are going to cash in on Among Us success now, like they did with Fortnite? Guess it's disappointing it's not an actual sequel but it's not like I ever played the original game anyway. As for the Among Us trend, at always annoys me when other developers make cash-ins like this, but I suppose it's inevitable. It will be interesting to see the eventual Mario cash grab, I suppose.
Secret Neighbor Release Date: Oct 24, 2019
When Among Us Got Super Hyped: Sep 22, 2020

>:( @cRowinG

Secret Neighbor Release Date: Oct 24, 2019
When Among Us Got Super Hyped: Sep 22, 2020

>:( @cRowinG

Well, then, that means Among Us was the rip off... an imposter, if you will.

Now this is confirmed, I think we should all boycott Among Us, as it was clearly making a profit off another game's success. I don't support this kind of scumminess and neither should you. Boycott Among Us today! Huh, isn't it funny how the original game made it to the Switch before its shoddy rip-off?

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
Well, then, that means Among Us was the rip off... an imposter, if you will.

Now this is confirmed, I think we should all boycott Among Us, as it was clearly making a profit off another game's success. I don't support this kind of scumminess and neither should you. Boycott Among Us today! Huh, isn't it funny how the original game made it to the Switch before its shoddy rip-off?
Crowing...

Among Us Release on iOS & Android (first release): June 15, 2018

Crowing...

Among Us Release on iOS & Android (first release): June 15, 2018

Well, then, why didn't you say so? You're fake news, BlueJisenku.

...It's likely Secret Neighbour blatantly ripped off took inspiration from Among Us before it got popular. I know AO wasn't always on the level of popularity it is now, it managed to resurface somehow. So I suppose it's possible Secret Neighbour simply got lucky. Maybe the developers had a more legitimate reason to create this spin-off, maybe they say the concept and though "hey, that's cool", they decided to create this. Unlike the various Fortnite clones that simply wanted to make money.

...Alternatively, could've been a coincidence. From what I saw of gameplay, Hello Neighbour looks like a game that could've quite easily fit a concept like this, so it might've just been a case of ideas forming separately at around the same time.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back