New TWEWY game

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Countdown website just changed to show a new trailer for a new TWEWY game:

Base plot at the moment seems to be similar to the first game, you play as Rindō in Shibuya in the reaper's death game. Looks to be more animated and of course, 3D this time! Unsure on if it's a prequel or sequel though.

Badges seem to be still around, combat seems to be similar? Moving around the world seems to be a lot more "open world" like now, instead of having to constantly go through loading screens which is nice.

I hope the name is just a project name though, it's pretty uninspiring, and the Japanese title just has『新』before it which means "new".

Anyone here played through the first game either on 3ds or switch? I still need to finish the switch version myself, I got pretty far in and really enjoying it though. Anyone hyped for this one?

This game will be coming out to Switch and PS4(?) in summer 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
Countdown website just changed to show a new trailer for a new TWEWY game:

Base plot at the moment seems to be similar to the first game, you play as Rindō in Shibuya in the reaper's death game. Looks to be more animated and of course, 3D this time! Unsure on if it's a prequel or sequel though.

Badges seem to be still around, combat seems to be similar? Moving around the world seems to be a lot more "open world" like now, instead of having to constantly go through loading screens which is nice.

I hope the name is just a project name though, it's pretty uninspiring, and the Japanese title just has『新』before it which means "new".

Anyone here played through the first game either on 3ds or switch? I still need to finish the switch version myself, I got pretty far in and really enjoying it though. Anyone hyped for this one?

This game will be coming out to Switch and PS4(?) in summer 2021.
i played part of the first on the ds, tho it never really gripped me.

Back