Tomodachi Life News Nintendo apologizes,will make future Tomodachi games

• Thread starter jams3223
  • Start date
jams3223

jams3223

The Task Blanker
Towns Folk
Nintendo as apologized for failing to include same-sex relationships in its life simulator game Tomodachi Life.

And they said:"We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-sex relationships inTomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game’s design, and such a significant development change can’t be accomplished with a post-ship patch.
Tomodachi-.jpg

"At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone.

"We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players."

In Tomodachi Life, players bring their Nintendo avatars, called Miis, onto a virtual island where they can become friends, rivals and more with other Miis including husband and wife. However, it is impossible in Tomodachi Life for relationships to be formed between Miis of the same gender.

The game launched in Japan in April 2013 as Tomodachi Collection: New Life as a sequel to the Japan-exclusive 2009 3DS title Tomodachi Collection.

Last edited:
This thing was blown way out of proportion. Nintendo should have been more direct about the difficulties of rewriting a localized Japanese game. Instead they gave some the wrong impression. Seriously though, people need to stop attacking Nintendo, especially for misguided reasons like this.

Looks like everything is sourced to me - they linked to the Polygon article.

Reactions: 18
again i use the thread to help me make a better one

Lord, it's like you can't even say anything about this without someone being offended.
Now I just hope another 12-year-old's stupidity won't result in even the present version of the game being shut down like what happened with Swapnote.

Well, I still don't get why people complain about this. Nintendo can't do anything now, the US and European versions of the game are already patched, and the structure of a 3DS ROM is too complex to understand, even more since it's compiled.

And as Nintendo reported before, this was originally a glitch, and it can corrupt the save data. So the true question is:
Do they want their save data corrupted by a glitch, or enjoy the game normally, and stop complaining ?

Finally, just with what @Spinnerweb said, I must add that having the game ported to the West is better than nothing, right?

PS: Tomodachi Collection wasn't for the 3DS, but for the DS.

Just play sims if you want same-sex relationships lol my sis always do that to the guys lol

Finally, just with what @Spinnerweb said, I must add that having the game ported to the West is better than nothing, right?

If people are going to make this sort of a hullabaloo over it then I'm surprised Nintendo are still bringing it over at all. And now I can't elaborate for fear of sounding vicious. Either way, I doubt the people who complained about this in the first place would stop complaining if they were told the reason was that developers can't modify entire games after they're already ready and about to ship in two weeks.

this is kind of ridiculous. xD

It's pretty funny too, who complains about something of this nature? what is this world coming to? xD

this is kind of ridiculous. xD

It's pretty funny too, who complains about something of this nature? what is this world coming to? xD
Lots of people. These people obsessed with politics and 'rights'. You can barely breathe for all they go on about. They're like one of those people who corner you at a dinner party to talk about Democrats and Republicans, MQM and Awami League, feminism and how men suck, until you have to pretend to have to go to the bathroom just to get away from them. Only they'll follow you and continue talking through the door. Eugh. It makes me shudder.

In short, I think Nintendo are being too polite.

Back