[News] Sony And Microsoft Congratulating themselves !

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Yeah, you read it right. Sony just congratulated Microsoft for the launch of the Xbox One, and so did Microsoft for the PS4.

Here's the twitter links:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/statuses/403870577531682817
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/statuses/401223830829416448

But, note that Microsoft congratulated Nintendo too :
"Their first party studios and IP can lead what they do as a company and the platforms are almost in service to the IP - not in a bad way."
"They have such iconic stories and this will seem somewhat random, but when we go back and do something like Killer Instinct, a little bit of the history of your franchise can actually be important part of people feeling connected. Obviously the history of Killer Instinct isn't a history on Xbox, but it's Rare's history and I think the reaction when we announced it on-stage at E3 showed that playing to the people's heart, I think Nintendo does that as well as anybody in terms of hitting the franchises and having huge success with them."

Any thoughts on this ? It still surprised me, as it seems that it has calmed a bit the "console war".

Yeah, you read it right. Sony just congratulated Microsoft for the launch of the Xbox One, and so did Microsoft for the PS4.

Here's the twitter links:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/statuses/403870577531682817
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/statuses/401223830829416448

But, note that Microsoft congratulated Nintendo too :
"Their first party studios and IP can lead what they do as a company and the platforms are almost in service to the IP - not in a bad way."
"They have such iconic stories and this will seem somewhat random, but when we go back and do something like Killer Instinct, a little bit of the history of your franchise can actually be important part of people feeling connected. Obviously the history of Killer Instinct isn't a history on Xbox, but it's Rare's history and I think the reaction when we announced it on-stage at E3 showed that playing to the people's heart, I think Nintendo does that as well as anybody in terms of hitting the franchises and having huge success with them."

Any thoughts on this ? It still surprised me, as it seems that it has calmed a bit the "console war".
While one can question the motives behind it and come up with a conspiracy theory to say that they're just saying this stuff to not look bad, at the same time it's possible for rivals to be friendly with one another from time to time.

With all that said though, maybe they're doing it to boost interest in the industry in general idk

The topic is misleading - I thought Sony were congratulating Sony and such :p

Sony and Microsoft are congratulating each other. Sorry if I sound a little overbearing.

Anyway... them congratulating each other is just on the outside. Inside, they're working to disintegrate each other as we speak.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
The topic is misleading - I thought Sony were congratulating Sony and such :p

Sony and Microsoft are congratulating each other. Sorry if I sound a little overbearing.

Anyway... them congratulating each other is just on the outside. Inside, they're working to disintegrate each other as we speak.

Oh, my mistake, I'll correct it. Thanks !
Edit: Just noticed the lack of "Edit Thread Title" Option. I failed big time here.
@naagza :
Sure there's a lot of people thinking that it's a conspiracy from Microsoft, but, I think that they are friendly this time.
At least, it calms the console wars on the forums.

Oh, my mistake, I'll correct it. Thanks !
Edit: Just noticed the lack of "Edit Thread Title" Option. I failed big time here.
@naagza :
Sure there's a lot of people thinking that it's a conspiracy from Microsoft, but, I think that they are friendly this time.
At least, it calms the console wars on the forums.

Anyways, yeah, it definitely will calm console wars on forums for now. Someone's bound to spark a bunch of console debates later on though

Regardless of how sincere they are I like that they show good sportsmanship about it. many fans really make it a personal thing to trash what isn't their beloved console/company of choice. Maybe it is a way to nudge that at the end of the day they are frenemies that push the best of each other through their rivalry.

Anyways, yeah, it definitely will calm console wars on forums for now. Someone's bound to spark a bunch of console debates later on though
Maybe reporting your thread to ask for the name change or PM a mod could help.

Regardless of how sincere they are I like that they show good sportsmanship about it. many fans really make it a personal thing to trash what isn't their beloved console/company of choice. Maybe it is a way to nudge that at the end of the day they are frenemies that push the best of each other through their rivalry.

Maybe reporting your thread to ask for the name change or PM a mod could help.
Yup, and if they were really hardcore rivals (to the extent that they absolutely hate each other), they would have been more cutthroat on a bunch of stuff like multi-platform games and such.

Yeah, just noticed maybe for the main forum threads you can't access the Thread Tools after a while if you created the topic

Back