Breath of the Wild News: Zelda U DELAYED UNTIL 2016

• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
Magitroopa

Magitroopa

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Yes, you read that right.
Zelda Wii U has been delayed until 2016.
Ugh.

So in case you are now wondering where I have, or er, where most of the Internet has already heard it, or before you say, "FAKE!!!!" Here is the video explaining it:

So basically, no bugs or problems or anything, just delaying it to make it the best Zelda game ever.
So now you're probably saying, "Oh well, can't wait to see it at E3 2015!!!"
Well um... No.

As said in the Miiverse post by Aonuma,
"As I said in the video, we would like to take this time so we can bring you a very special experience, by making the ultimate Zelda game. Since we’d like to focus on developing the game we’ve decided to not show the game at this year’s E3. Thank you for your continued support, and I hope you’ll look forward to the game!"

So Yeah. It is delayed, not even at E3.
Let's have fun playing the waiting game!!!

Source:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjTtchGZw

That's somewhat disappointing but I'm glad they're delaying it. For such a huge game it seemed like the development time was relatively low. I'll be really excited for this game can't wait to see more of it. Hopefully it turns out amazing!

....darn it D:

At least we'll get a really great game! Right?

Yeah I heard that same news just a few moments ago . I feel bad that it is not going to be released until 2016 but I think that it is for the better . As we wouldn't want any game that will lack the good features that we all want , and at least it is going to be released rather than never so I am actually happy for this delay because :

• I want it to be the most epic of all things ever seen
  • I don't have a Wii U :bag:

I thought it was going to be released in 2016 cause I'm slow

That's good news to me. ^-^ In my opinion, there's no way they would've finished the game this year. They were talking about " an endless land " and some interesting stuff in the intro-trailer-video thing. I'm happy it's delayed, because now I can save up money for some Splatoon other games, and wait for Zelda to come out. It's good that they're taking time on this, because it's the first Zelda game on the Wii U. It is bound to be amazing \ : D /

Reactions: Mikaya and 423
I knew something like this was going to happen. At first I even thought that this game was going to release in 2016, but I researched it and realized that I was wrong. Well, I suppose I was correct in the long run, but that isn't what really matters here. What matters is that Nintendo is taking their time to perfect this game; making it the best it can be. Like I've said in the past: this is what I love about Nintendo - they are simply unpredictable. I am not even disappointed in the slightest that this game has been set back, because I know that it will be a better version of the same game that was set to release in 2015. :giggle:

Reactions: Mikaya
I knew something like this was going to happen. At first I even thought that this game was going to release in 2016, but I researched it and realized that I was wrong. Well, I suppose I was correct in the long run, but that isn't what really matters here. What matters is that Nintendo is taking their time to perfect this game; making it the best it can be. Like I've said in the past: this is what I love about Nintendo - they are simply unpredictable. I am not even disappointed in the slightest that this game has been set back, because I know that it will be a better version of the same game that was set to release in 2015. :giggle:
You were right, they were wrong xP

Reactions: 423
Well that sucks, I was looking forward to seeing this new Zelda game; but if it means that they can improve it more, then that's a-okay with me. Just looks as if they need a new holiday game to market the hell out of this year, possibly something like Animal Crossing (alongside the smaller Star Fox) so they will need to bolster up their next few Directs and E3 2015. Speaking of E3 2015, why the heck is this game not being shown off? That baffles me.

Lets look at this as a good thing - it will be well worth the wait seeming as they would be putting more work into it, resolving any issues/bugs along the way. It will be one of the most anticipated titles of 2016, so expect great things to come and we'll be much more hyped up about too! Keep at it Nintendo, and do us proud! \o/

Surprised by this but think it's pretty good that nintendo is gonna keep the game longer and remove any bugs it has. If halo master chief collection had done this it would have been way better

Reactions: Ashkil
Surprised by this but think it's pretty good that nintendo is gonna keep the game longer and remove any bugs it has. If halo master chief collection had done this it would have been way better

AC Unity comes to mind also. GTA V is delayed on the PC for a reason

Well, it is of course disapointing, but it is better that the big N takes all the time they need to make this highly anticipated game, than to rush it, and release it in 2015 With a buttload of bugs and glitches like another rushed game (Cough Cough Assasins Creed unity Cough Cough). And Aounuma said that some of the New features even exceeded his own expectations... so maybe we can hope for online multiplayer.

I wonder what replaces this as 2015's big holiday game unless Star Fox is suddenly taking it's place and they're really pushing people on that. Animal Crossing or a possible Amiibo World could work too.

It's frustrating, but I do not mind Nintendo taking longer than planned on this Zelda game. I mean come on its the same thing that happens every new game, every time its delayed, so that's not a surprise. But if this game is anything resembling Skyrim, it should take a long time. Although we may have a year without a Zelda game, the 6 or more extra months that it will take in production will feel like nothing after the fact, especially if we are about to recieve possibly the greatest Zelda game ever.

yeah i know, they are terrible news. i was just imagining myself in front of the tv during my christmas holidays playing the new zelda game when i just saw those news. i was kind of disappointed by that at first but then i thought ok, if nitendo is doing that is because it wants to give us something which is really well done and designed, a valuable game just as legend of zelda deserves to be

Back