Nintendo 3DS Direct Thoughts

• Thread starter jasjas
  • Start date
jasjas

jasjas

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
As many of you hopefully know, yesterday there was a Nintendo Direct specifically for the 3DS.
This is the following that was went over in the Direct.

-Alola Ratatta and Munchlax Distrubition with special Z-Ring move for Snorlax (Pulverising Pancake) for Sun and Moon. (Sun and Moon Release Date: Novemeber 18th)
-Super Mario Maker for the 3DS (Release Date: December 2nd)
-New Mini Game Modes in Mario Party Star Rush (Release Date: November 4th)
-Animal Crossing New Leaf Amiibo Update, 50 new Amiibo cards being released that you can use and invite to your town (Update release date: Sometime in Autumn, Cards Release Date: December 2nd)
-Update to Streetpass Mii Plaza with new games (Avalible now)
-Tank Troopers (Eshop Game, Release Date: In the Winter)
-Picross 3D Round 2 (Avalible Now)
-Zelda 30th Anniversary Amiibo (Release Date: Decemeber 2nd)
-Hyrule Warriors Legends Phantom Hourglass and Sprit Tracks DLC Pack (Avalible Now)
-Ace Attorny Phoniex Wright Sprit of Justice (Release Date: Sepetember 8th)
-More Information on Dragon Quest: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
-More information on Yokai Watch 2, Bony Sprits and Fleshy Souls (Release Date: September 30th)
-Disney Magical World 2 (Release Date: October 14th)
-More information on Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice (Release Date: Spetember 27th)
-Shin Megami Tensai Apocalypse. (Release Date: September 20th)
-Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World 3DS, with Poochy Amiibo (Release Date, February 3rd)
-More information on Ever Oasis (Release Date: 2017)
-Mario Sports Super Stars (Release Date: Spring 2017)
-Pikmin 3DS (Name not official, Release Date: 2017)

A lot was revealed in this direct, it was way better then I thought it would be. The top three games I'm most excited for are:

1. Yoshi's Woolly World for 3DS
2. Super Mario Maker for 3DS
3. Mario Sports: Super Stars

I'm really excited for these new titles, discuss what you thought of this direct!

I was really excited by it. I don't own a Wii U so I was excited about all of the Wii U Ports. I was disappointed that you couldn't share courses online in Mario Maker, but other than that I was super glad it came to 3ds. I'm also really excited for the update to New Leaf. Now I finally have a reason to buy all the adorable animal crossing amiibo and cards.
Over all I really like it, but I know other people didn't, just because it basically was the Wii U's guillotine, and was mostly ports of Wii U titles. Personally though I'm really am excited for some of the stuff.

Always excited to hear about more 3DS game releases.

To be honest, I found this Direct to be boring in my opinion. Why, because this:

-Super Mario Maker 3DS is a watered-down version. While it's evident that they did this to prevent Wii U users from going mad, they shouldn't have removed the online sharing feature.
-Mario Party stopped interesting me since they did this "You all move along" concept. Bring back the guys from Hudson Soft.
-I don't play AC:NL. No opinions on that. Period.
-I don't usually use the StreetPass Mii Plaza, but a free game, and 100 Mii queue makes HomePass great again.
-The game doesn't interest me.
-Now something that really interest me. But alas, Nintendo being themselves, they decide to give us the big 'No' and makes us wait 'til December. Sad, because the Japanese version was sooo good.
-I can heard the scalpers laughing from here... Sad, because the Ocarina of Time amiibo looks quite nice!
-Even more DLC? Really? Who are do you think you are, EA?
-Never have been really interested by Ace Attorney...
-Dragon Quest VII looks cool, and so does the VIII (that's delayed or announced for 2017). Looks like I'll finally get a chance to try them.
-Not that much interested by Yokai Watch either.
-No comments.
-Might consider finally getting it now!
-Superior-ing Yoshi's Woolly World on the 3DS? Do you really want to make Wii U owners prepare a raid on your HQ? But hey, that's nice for us 3DS owners.
-Looks like they simply took Mario Sports Mix, Mario Tennis, Mario & Sonic at London 2012 and Mario Golf and fused it quickly.
-I kinda expected a 3D Pikmin game, it would have been fun. But let's give this one a chance to see what it gives.

So, again, it's my opinion, but to be honest, even though NX is around the corner, I expected something "fresh" or new. Here, we have 5-seconds teaser about Sun & Moon, Ports & Fuse-them-into-a-remake, something that should have been done since the beginning (StreetPass 100 Mii feature), and finally a good game, but hey, let's give Europe a remainder that we don't care about them by delaying an actually good game until December, even though the NA version will likely have 50% of the translation done (Yes, NA games do carry French and Spanish translations sometimes).

Oh, and by the way, let's end up "destroying" the Wii U, so people who bought it will think it'll be the GameCube 2 or Dreamcast 2.

Also, you forgot another decent game, Ever Oasis.

Noooo i am disappointed that we can't share levels in mario maker that is coming.:eek:

I think its stupid to take out the online sharing. It doesn't even make any sense. Most people don't have friends with 3ds's, let alone ones who will buy the same game as you. Out of all my friends only one has a 3ds, and we never end up getting the same games, just cuz we're into different types of games.

Personally, I'm excited with several info for the upcoming Sun and Moon, I like how they've shown Alolan Rattata, along with Z-Moves for Alolan Raichu and Snorlax, the latter's Z-Move was pretty hilarious given that Snorlax sleeps (almost) all the time :p

As for Super Mario Maker for 3DS, I didn't expected it a bit, but I'm still psyched that I may be able to play my custom Mario stage all by myself. Probs I will buy it just for the sake of mastering Mario level myself!

Besides of that, I'm also interested in Disney Magical World 2, given how I've enjoyed its previous iterations back then, I might buy and pre-order the game when I'm on it. I also enjoyed several parades that is showcased there as well.

Speaking of another Mario game, I've been looking forward to Mario Sports Superstars because I like how they combined 5 games into a pack, I might be able to enjoy it soon!

However, I was concerned since I have seen more Wii U games gets ported to 3DS in some way (even though I'm still interested in Super Mario Maker as mentioned above), when seeing this, at times I worried if Wii U would perform well, even though I think these games are pretty good as well.

good things for me
-mario sport super stars mix, but i fear that tenis,golf,football, and baseball will be reduces versions of their respective games, also it would be good if it had story mode like mario teenis and golf of gba and mario baseball from wii
-mii plaza 100 streetpass miss in waiting and free game
-the oasis game is interesting
-mario party seem interesting, but if you play it alone it will be boring like with the other mario partys
-Shin megami tensei apocalipse, but i have to finish the original game since the start because of my cousin fault when he formated my console and I had +25 hours
maybe i will see the history in youtube, because is tedius to play all the way because I lost the savefile
bad things:
-destroying exclusivities of wiiu games, and mario maker have limitations like YOU CAN NOT dowload and share levels in internet, only with streetpass
-we have information of pokemon each one or two weeks and still it goes to the direct for saying thing that we know and introucing a alola form of ratata
-7,8 too much piccross

the other games, i dont have and opinion because its doesnt have my interes or I dont like them (for example animal crossing)

Honestly, I don't caree about most of those. :p I like the Alohan forms distribution but all the rest just can't interest me. Do tell if I'm missing out big time though.

I seriously hope Star Rush is nothing like Island Tour, and it does seem to be that way with its simultaneous turn system. Moving on, the New Leaf update was probably surprising to all of us, since this is the first real ACNL update aside from the letters containing new furniture Nintendo sent out every now and again.

Back