Nintendo and VR

• Thread starter cloudmario666
  • Start date
C

cloudmario666

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
will nintendo ever have vr for one of their systems. why would they or why would they not.

It's a possibility, but I wouldn't think they would have it for the 3DS. Maybe the NX will have VR compatibility, but I have no idea what kinds of games they'll release that will be compatible with the VR. It would be kind of interesting to see people try to play Super Smash Brothers with VR. I kind of doubt that the NX will get VR compatibility, though. I think it's supposed to be a handheld and home console hybrid, so I'm not so sure how VR with the NX would work out... :panda:

I honestly hope not. VR is just a gimmick that sucks up system resources EVEN WORSE than the Wii U's GamePad for literally no bigger gameplay advantage or use, it won't teleport you into the game, only output the image right on your eye sockets :vomit:

It would also increase costs EVEN if it was optional, because they'd need to pump up the processing power of the console just for better VR.

It's a real bad idea.

Reactions: Tho, Natsu Swagneel and Shin
What VR is, is basically like having two screens glued right in front of your eyes at cancerous distance that makes it more likely to cause problems like epilepsy, eye tiredness, dry eyes and so on! It's just like playing games while sitting like 3 inches away from your TV, only difference is that it's strapped on your head for extra discomfort! VR in general is both a terrible idea and a terrible technology, almost doubling the necessary sampling and rendering processes needed to play the game! And if you think about it, VR is completely useless, as it's more uncomfortable to play games on and you can no longer play leisurely or do other stuff while playing because you can't even look away from the screens! Also, Nintendo has shown no interest in VR, simply because it's frowned upon in Japan because of all the problems it causes (all health, development and resource ones)!

Now, Nintendo HAS experience in AR (Augmented Reality), so that's way more likely to be a thing with the NX and requires almost no additional performance, simply a camera and that's it! I really hope if they include a technology of this kind, that they will choose AR over VR, just like they did with the 3DS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Natsu Swagneel and Blue Knight
It would be cool to have a vr metroid game

In it's current state, I don't think Nintendo would invest in VR games unless they needed a new gimmick.
Not enough people own a VR device yet due to their hefty prices and PC requirements.
Unless millions and millions of people all over the world get into VR or Nintendo comes out with its own VR console, then I doubt we'll be seeing First Person Mario Bros. for a while.

Nintendo has never really liked the idea of VR, as they have quite a valid point in saying that the biggest stopping point for it is the parents of kids using it, as VR is not currently mainstream and thus is somewhat "scary." In addition, VR does not really allow for the face-to-face interaction that Nintendo is famous for, so I don't think that this would be a good move for the company.

Back