Nintendo Confirms Mario Kart TV App In Investor Briefing

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
Earlier today a website called Nikkei confirmed that Nintendo would be releasing a smartphone app to coincide with the release of Mario Kart 8 called Mario Kart TV, however Nintendo has confirmed instead that this "app" will actually be a browser dedicated service and NOT an app for iOS/Android.

This web service will enable more people to easily watch Nintendo’s official videos, view rankings, watch videos that their friends have shared and videos of tournaments in which they have participated.
As I mentioned at the Corporate Management Policy Briefing in January, our policy is to establish consumer relationships based on accounts named Nintendo Network IDs, which are abbreviated as NNIDs. This “Mario Kart TV” (temp.) web service is available even for players without NNIDs, but by logging into the service with an NNID, they will be able to easily find their rankings, videos that their friends have shared, videos of tournaments in which they have participated, and it will be convenient to access this service through smart devices even when they are not at home.
We will work on providing this type of service so that players can enjoy video games more and be in contact with them even when they are not in front of a video game system.

I'm really liking the route Nintendo is taking, it seems with Mario Kart and Smash they're actually listening to fans >.>

I agree, I think this is a big improvement for Nintendo overall, a lot of fans would be please with this, and I'm excited to see how this all works, especially to watch videos, and I love how the're really using the NNID well, with these games.

First look images of the webb app.
mk8_web_app.jpg

oh, this is different. I really like the idea of it. Looks pretty awesome. Hope many people use it when it is released.

oh, this is different. I really like the idea of it. Looks pretty awesome. Hope many people use it when it is released.
I think because it's a site where you can view tournaments, it'll be used pretty good, I'll be interested to watch a few races, and learn a few tips.

Back